Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/28/2002 12:14:26 AM EDT
Copied a link posted here a while back to a vendor of one of these, but now it's no good. So, now where can I find one, & are they worth the money, time, & effort?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
My method for changing the rear sight is to push the very end of the sight directly over the center of the pivoting part with a flat head screwdriver. Just push down on the sight there and it will scoot down until it slides out of its recess going Mach 2.6

I put a rag over it to catch it when it comes out. It is a fast way to do it, it works every time.

The nervous part is holding the business end of the rifle between your legs to steady it while you do it. Loaded or not, my nuts HATE that position.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Sureshot,
Thanks for the tip on how to remove my old AK rear sight. I used your method and installed my new Krebs Custom peep sights on my SAR-1 and SAR-2 in about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2003 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an adjustable sight from Global Trades that is calibrated for a 16" AK barrel... if you're interested, e-mail me at [email protected]

-Mark-
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Global Trades sells them. KVAR had some as well. Not sure if they still do. I bought one from Global and really like it. One of the best pieces I bought besides the RSA trigger.

Andy

www.globaltrades.com
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to replace my sks rear sight witha willi8ams peep...but I am unable to reome the exsisting sight....I have bent one of my brass punches trinmg.
Is there a trick to it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
NcStar AK/SKS  Sight ADJUSTMENT TOOL, adjustments  front sight for windage and elevation, try http://combatoptical.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/38/products_id/99 and see the picture.
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 3:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roger3] [#8]
I have a Mojo Micro Click sight on one of my AKs and it works pretty good.
And it is windage adjustable.

The web sight has not been updated yet, so it says that the micro click is not available for the AK,
But it is.

www.mojosights.com

and you can pick one up here

Powercustom

Link Posted: 5/27/2006 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By w30olds:
Global Trades sells them. KVAR had some as well. Not sure if they still do. I bought one from Global and really like it. One of the best pieces I bought besides the RSA trigger.

Andy

www.globaltrades.com

OK.  Everything on that web site says call for price.  What the hell is up with that?
Link Posted: 7/29/2006 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi, if you haven,t gotten it out yet -look close at roll pin at front of sight.
On my Chinese model there was a small (very) roll pin that had to be drifted out. Once it was removed I could push sight down and back as normal. I,ve got 3 0r four Sks,s and some have this pin,some don,t. Liked to pissed me off first time cause not all info tells about it !
Link Posted: 11/17/2006 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a windage adjustable rear sight from Robinson Arms a few days ago, $19.99.  Got it today.  Came to $30 with shipping and handling.
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Northridge Inc. has new East German RPK 1000m adjustable sights in red or white markings.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 3:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wintermute] [#13]
Any word on how these RPK windage adjustable sites work with a 16" bbl AK47?
Is the rear sight block different enough to cause problems?
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 11:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#14]
The rear sight block is caliber specific with the slope.  You could use a 1000m or 800m with no problems.  Just adjust the front sight accordingly.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2007 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I am new to AK's as a whole, so I have some basic question's:

I have a Romanian STG-2000-C, I have basically ran out of windage adjustment on the front sight. The post is all the way to the right ear now and it shoots 5" right consistently. Would installing a windage adjustable leaf or peep sight fix this problem?
If so, how would I go about sighting the gun in after I installed it. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give me.

I am considering a windage adj peep sight from Mojo--would this work better than a adj leaf sight?? Please give me your opinions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2007 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Must be Romanian.    The adjustable rear sight will take care of the shooting way left/right issue.  Is yours a 7.62 or 5.56?  Depends on what kind of rifle you have set up.  Paper or people?  Practical encounters are 100 yds and less.  Open country versus MOUT is different.  Battle accurate or MOA accurate?    

I did a 50 yd sight in (5.56/XM193).  This puts the POI/POA dead on.  At 25 yds, it's 1.5-2" low.  2" high at 100 yds and dead on again at 260yds.  3" low at 300 yds, 14" low at 400 yds.  

YMMV      
Link Posted: 7/3/2007 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the 2000-C, the 7.62x39 model. I have sent it back to IO for replacement, should have a new one here in 2 weeks or less. I am realistic about accuracy with these types of guns--I do not have high expectations, BUT I do expect to be able to put 5 rounds into the A Zone (6" Wide) in a IPSC target at 100 yds. Considering the Soviet Standard which is 5 rounds at 100m with a 7" spread--this is not a stretch.

I do not use bullseyes to measure accuracy with Defensive Weapons--when we look at a standard cardboard IPSC, we see the A Zone is around 6"(center mass) and the B Zone around 12"--this is a realistic representation of a humanoid target.

I will write up a range report when I get my new gun, hopefully I will be pleased--I plan on installing a better grip and longer stock with possibly a windage adj sight--I am not so wild about the peep sight's out there because of their position sitting so far from the eye--KREBS new rail system with an AR type setup with the peep at the rear of the gun over the stock is a good choice, however the price holds me back, with the sight being as much as the gun! I might hold off and put it on a milled receiver AK one day.

Stay Safe and Keep your Powder Dry  
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#18]
will the Krebs sight be properly calibrated for a 5.56 AK?
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got off the phone with someone at Tech Sights and they will be producing a peep sight for the AK just like they did for the 10-22 and the sks.

This might mean I have to buy one of those pos's (the ak, not the peep sight)

TXL
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a Yugo M70ab2 and don't like the sights.
I want something with windage adjustment on the rear sight leaf.
I thought I found great sights at a great price at Officerstore.com, and ordered
Meprolight adjustable tritium sights, but was called and told they wouldn't fit the Yugo. (and they're out of stock right now)
I am assuming they are a little shorter than the original and would ride a little higher on the sight block.
Does anyone know whether or not if I installed these sights, or for that matter, the Krebs sight that SuperChicken linked, I couldn't still sight them in by adjusting the front sight post and maybe compensating as far as the distance markings go?
Go easy on me, I'm a newbie!
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 10:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: warchildindy] [#21]
www.tech-sights.com/ak.htm  I saw this on the AK forum.  The sight will be available June 2009.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Does this help?

Northridge International
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got an East German model from Copes Distributing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By onetuza:
Does this help?

Northridge International

Yes it does, that company carries a lot of items I have been searching for...ty.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Why do you want windage-adjustable?   Krebs rear peep sight can be adjusted up/down and left/right and then locked in place once it's zeroed in.  I used Mojo and that was OK, other than not left-right adjustable, but Krebs can do that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 4MOA:
I have the 2000-C, the 7.62x39 model. I have sent it back to IO for replacement, should have a new one here in 2 weeks or less. I am realistic about accuracy with these types of guns––I do not have high expectations, BUT I do expect to be able to put 5 rounds into the A Zone (6" Wide) in a IPSC target at 100 yds. Considering the Soviet Standard which is 5 rounds at 100m with a 7" spread––this is not a stretch.

I do not use bullseyes to measure accuracy with Defensive Weapons––when we look at a standard cardboard IPSC, we see the A Zone is around 6"(center mass) and the B Zone around 12"––this is a realistic representation of a humanoid target.

I will write up a range report when I get my new gun, hopefully I will be pleased––I plan on installing a better grip and longer stock with possibly a windage adj sight––I am not so wild about the peep sight's out there because of their position sitting so far from the eye––KREBS new rail system with an AR type setup with the peep at the rear of the gun over the stock is a good choice, however the price holds me back, with the sight being as much as the gun! I might hold off and put it on a milled receiver AK one day.

Stay Safe and Keep your Powder Dry  

4MOA,

I have an IO Csar rifle too and the front post is to the right all the way and mine won't hit the black at 50 yards still! The MOJO or Krebs appears to be a good easy repair to our ill front sighted AK's If you get this message let me know how it worked out. I know your posted this back in 07' but still let me know.

Impala

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Why do you want windage-adjustable?   Krebs rear peep sight can be adjusted up/down and left/right and then locked in place once it's zeroed in.  I used Mojo and that was OK, other than not left-right adjustable, but Krebs can do that.[/quote

He must have an AK like I do cuz of the possible canted sights. Later this year I too intend to change my rear sights to a Krebs or Mojo sight to correct my ills too. I must admit the AK doesn't shoot like my AR's and so one must tweak things a bit to get it to shoot straighter.

My particular AK which is a much improved IO Casar rifle has just a slight canted sight. It still shoots to the right a bit but not like my first one that couldn't hit the black at 50 yards! This replacement is a much improved model and so I can deal with this one instead of the first.. Still though I want more flexibility in my rifle and so either replacement sights should so the trick for me.

Impala]

Link Posted: 3/31/2019 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#28]
texasshooterssuply.com

I just bought a Molot adj rear sight from them if you're looking for an updated place to go
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top