BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/22/2023 3:12:06 PM EDT
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I found this guy on the AK files where he is a member. I got some from him and they seem solid. I have not ran them hard but did two mags worth to test.

https://podarms.com/product/plum-gen-1-5-conversion-follower/

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some of his original ones.  They were 3D printed.  The shape is good.  They function as advertised.
However, 3D printed followers do what 3D printed crap does when you put it under stress.  They break along the layer lines.

I hear his current production is manufactured by some means other than 3D printing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
POD is the way to go.

This reminds me I need more...

Those polish mags PSA has for 8 bucks have been great for range use.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 10:43:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deerhurst] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
I have some of his original ones.  They were 3D printed.  The shape is good.  They function as advertised.
However, 3D printed followers do what 3D printed crap does when you put it under stress.  They break along the layer lines.

I hear his current production is manufactured by some means other than 3D printing.
View Quote

If a print is breaking at the layer lines the layer adhesion was crap and therefore the part was not printed correctly.

Wish people would learn things before spouting off ridiculous things as truth.

You hear the new ones are something else but printed yet have no idea what type of part they are? I too like to try mystery parts made with magic!
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

If a print is breaking at the layer lines the layer adhesion was crap and therefore the part was not printed correctly.

Wish people would learn things before spouting off ridiculous things as truth.

You hear the new ones are something else but printed yet have no idea what type of part they are? I too like to try mystery parts made with magic!
View Quote

Go print a dozen things.  Then twist and smash them and see where they break and come back to us.  The layer boundaries are always the weak point.  Because when you print, you are laying down hot plastic on already cooled plastic.  Furthermore, there are not atoms, fibers, molecules, or anything else bridging multiple layers together.  It doesnt matter how much you dont like it, or how far you stick out your bottom lip, its a fact.  Its inherent to the process.

Like wood, 3D printed plastic has grain in it.  And it is weaker along that grain pattern.   So tuck that lip in and go read a book.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top