Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/22/2020 2:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NeedsMoreMausers]
Hey guys, so I was very excited to pick up this arsenal as it was setup almost exactly how i wanted it...however just got done taking it down, and now I'm thinking theres a whole lot more work involved.

I initially noticed the RMR was off by a bit, mounted on an Attero arms bravo mount, but upon further inspection it seems the rifle itself is off.

From what I can tell, and tried to show, is that the receiver is bent/warped starting around the front of the magwell. Looking at the end of the bore vs the rest of the rifle is a pretty big giveaway.

Heres a link to the whole album of pics:

https://imgur.com/a/3xQEDyZ

Thoughts guys? Thanks

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like canted sight block. Very common for AK. And probably within factory specs.
It is possible to drive pins out, rotate block (may or may not be EZ), re-drill pin holes and drive pins back.
I would just leave it as is.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Not uncommon. Sucks that it happened on an expensive rifle like an Arsenal. I can definitely understand any concern or frustration. But if it’ll zero then you’re in business.  Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
This is an example of QC issues on the most recent guns.  Very concerning based on what these commend for pricing.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top