Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 8:06:47 PM EDT
I have a friend who has his heart set on one.  How much are these going for nowadays assuming he finds one NIB?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
they pricey.   gun broker has one for $3k I think
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#2]
Which model?  There's letters after the 106.  U, UR, CR, F, FR.  U is short.  8.5 or 10.5" barrel.  C is 16" barrel, with a combo gas block so you can form1 it and cut it back to 12".  F is 16".  R is for the side rail.  If you find one NIB, you're gonna bend over for it.  No doubt kvar still have some NIB and is slow rolling them out onto gunbroker to get maximum dollar.  Gonna be $3k.  More if you get in a bidding war.  Maybe $1300-2300 for a used one.

A couple things to watch out for.  Some of the 106 had incorrectly milled selector stop plates under the mag catch.  It made the mags lock in wrong and they had feeding issues.

10.5" U size had a fake booster.  The gas block has no threads, and the fake booster is pinned to it.  If you want the correct muzzle setup, its gonna run you $400 after parts and labor.

And there are some ban state models that are a little harder to convert to correct format that the non-ban state models.

I have a UR and CR currently.  Very nice.  10/10.  I had the 106F with a railed top cover and sold it off.  It worked fine, but people were paying more than it was worth to me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:21:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#3]
Your friend has good taste.

Keep in mind also that the earliest ones had crummy feed ramps on the barrels, they can be fixed, and there is a sticky post here somewhere talking about what the serial number series was when they started the fix at the production level.  Just something to double check when purchasing one.

Added- Found it in the Bulgarian section:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/5-56-Feed-Ramp-Fix/76-106540/

Says the feed ramp fix came it at the BD prefix serial numbers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
SLR106-F

P/N SLR106-24

I am the person who owns this NIB rifle and my buddy wants it.  What do you feel is the "gun broker" price and the fair price?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m1aconvert:
SLR106-F

P/N SLR106-24

I am the person who owns this NIB rifle and my buddy wants it.  What do you feel is the "gun broker" price and the fair price?
View Quote

How good of a buddy is it?  I'd say $3k at the top end, gunbroker, I dont even like the guy price.  $2500 if its just some guy you know.  $2k if he's a good enough friend that he actually calls you up to just shoot the shit with him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I think there’s a later model 106FR on the EE right now for $2300. I regret trading off my 106FR back in 2016, it was one of the most reliable rifles I had.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Hadn’t realized they go for that much. I got an SLR106UR I bought from KVAR back in 2017 for $700. Just sitting in the safe—never fired. It was going to be an SBR project but never got around to it. I really wanted the 106CR.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
2k is a fair price. I've seen them go anywhere from 1800-3000. I picked one up for 1800 a month or so ago
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m1aconvert:
I have a friend who has his heart set on one.  How much are these going for nowadays assuming he finds one NIB?
View Quote

For the money, your friend should just have a Rifle Dynamics build or buy a SAM-5. The SLR-106 is what Arsenal should be selling us anyway, or at least the parts for them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:52:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WarDawg] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
Which model?  There's letters after the 106.  U, UR, CR, F, FR.  U is short.  8.5 or 10.5" barrel.  C is 16" barrel, with a combo gas block so you can form1 it and cut it back to 12".  F is 16".  R is for the side rail.  If you find one NIB, you're gonna bend over for it.  No doubt kvar still have some NIB and is slow rolling them out onto gunbroker to get maximum dollar.  Gonna be $3k.  More if you get in a bidding war.  Maybe $1300-2300 for a used one.

A couple things to watch out for.  Some of the 106 had incorrectly milled selector stop plates under the mag catch.  It made the mags lock in wrong and they had feeding issues.

10.5" U size had a fake booster.  The gas block has no threads, and the fake booster is pinned to it.  If you want the correct muzzle setup, its gonna run you $400 after parts and labor.

And there are some ban state models that are a little harder to convert to correct format that the non-ban state models.

I have a UR and CR currently.  Very nice.  10/10.  I had the 106F with a railed top cover and sold it off.  It worked fine, but people were paying more than it was worth to me.
View Quote

I was one of the lucky ones.  My first one had the bad feeding issue due to the ramp.  It would take the round and hit the face while trying to get it in the chamber.  Push the bullet back. Got rid of it.  
 Waited several years and got a new one.  It had the wrong selector stop.  What that would do is lock the mag in but it wasn’t level.  It sat at a slight angle.  You could get a bolt over round .  I fixed the selector stop deal I bought a Galil Ace Gen 2  5.56.  No issues to date. I loved my 106.  But pissed me off and sent her on her way. Wardawg Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top