Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Porcine83:
A couple questions about the length of side folders:

What length ACE stock (7.5, 8.5, 9.5") are you using and what total stock length or LOP does that translate to when mounted on the folding mechanism? I want to keep my OAL as short as reasonable (it is an SBR, afterall) but don't want a stubby little stock that will be uncomfortable to use. Also, does anyone know the length/weight of the DPH stock? I can't find any specs on it.

I just got off the phone with DPH, and he said their stock is a little longer than the 8.5" Ace, basically 9".

While I have more or less the same goal as you, I am going short. 7.5". If it is too short I will go up but I think it will be fine on this rifle.

I am guessing the folding mechanism adds 1/2".
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 98_1LE:
Originally Posted By Porcine83:
A couple questions about the length of side folders:

What length ACE stock (7.5, 8.5, 9.5") are you using and what total stock length or LOP does that translate to when mounted on the folding mechanism? I want to keep my OAL as short as reasonable (it is an SBR, afterall) but don't want a stubby little stock that will be uncomfortable to use. Also, does anyone know the length/weight of the DPH stock? I can't find any specs on it.

I just got off the phone with DPH, and he said their stock is a little longer than the 8.5" Ace, basically 9".

While I have more or less the same goal as you, I am going short. 7.5". If it is too short I will go up but I think it will be fine on this rifle.

I am guessing the folding mechanism adds 1/2".

Both the StormWerkz and ACE standard hinges are .7 thick, also  the StormWerkz hinge doesn't have the nub to grind off.
Personally I would go with the 7.5" stock
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I measured the wood stock on my PolyTech, and it is 8.75" behind the receiver. So the 7.5" Ace stock on the Stormwerkz folding mechanism would be about 1/2" shorter. Sounds perfect to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 1:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ttroofer] [#4]
Originally Posted By SeanK1ng:
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:
Originally Posted By swatbwana:
Ok here is my try with pics I also added a VLTOR emod rear pad minus the glass breaker. it is epoxed on and I will be using a black silicone to dress the edges where the epoxy is not uniform.

folded
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/swatbwana/rifle/2009_040612-07to4-080058.jpg

Anyone have more pics of Dracos with the VZ stock folded like this?  

It seems like the angle of the VZ stock when folded is much lower than what I'd thought....is this normal or is the top of the butt pad normally 1/2" or so higher relative to the receiver when folded?

Thanks,
Sean

***EDIT**** Nevermind....googled VZ stock on Draco and found this angle to be normal. ****

The vz58 reciever is angled from top to botom approx. 5 degrees and the ak reciever is not angled. When you close the folder on a vz58 it sets higher.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 10:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: twisterx44] [#5]
Instead of reposting what I want to show you in this thread, I will just give you a link to a review I did recently on a Draco SBR build I bought from Attero Arms. You might find it interesting.

Here's the link

-Twister
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:19:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#6]
Both the StormWerkz and ACE standard hinges are .7 thick, also the StormWerkz hinge doesn't have the nub to grind off.
Personally I would go with the 7.5" stock

Why not just cut/mill the slot in the trunion of the Draco instead of grinding the stock's mounting plate?
Then you get more up/down/rotatoinal stability no matter how the screws are positioned.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 3:39:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Whoever emailed me about the stock and OAL send me a pm if still needed.  I replied but you email keeps kicking it back.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Who has the best price on the Ace triangle folder? My Google searches are coming up with nothing.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top