AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 7:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
just in time to compete with the PSA Krink.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Me (on a weekly basis) : "OMG...JUST...OMFG"

Wife (from the other room) : "Are you looking at an e-mail from Atlantic? You know we can't afford another rifle right now, we talked about this"

Me: "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT"

Wife: "Just stop looking at it, why do you do that to yourself?"

Me: "I could maybe sell some blood...."

Wife: "JUST CLOSE IT!"

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Me (on a weekly basis) : "OMG...JUST...OMFG"

Wife (from the other room) : "Are you looking at an e-mail from Atlantic? You know we can't afford another rifle right now, we talked about this"

Me: "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT"

Wife: "Just stop looking at it, why do you do that to yourself?"

Me: "I could maybe sell some blood...."

Wife: "JUST CLOSE IT!"

View Quote

looks nice, I think the PSA fits the bill just slightly better IMO though.  Their SBR ready model cost more, and I have read that going rifle to SBR is more involved than going pistol to SBR?  Not sure if I understood that correctly, correct me if I am wrong...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

looks nice, I think the PSA fits the bill just slightly better IMO though.  Their SBR ready model cost more, and I have read that going rifle to SBR is more involved than going pistol to SBR?  Not sure if I understood that correctly, correct me if I am wrong...
View Quote

Dunno, haven't checked the specs on it and don't know that much about Riley, i'm still stuck on the WBP Jack without the side-rail, it's currently the desktop background on my computer, lol.

Atlantic's doing a giveaway right now and one of the prizes is a new WBP Jack, i'm wondering if the slickside model can be substituted if we win.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn’t Riley have a bunch of QC issues ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#8]
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Didn’t Riley have a bunch of QC issues ?
View Quote

I have seen too many abhorrent reviews on Riley to ever buy any of their stuff. Soft metal was one of them. Maybe they fixed their issues?

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Price and availability?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:

Sir , If you look on the internet you will find a bunch of negative reviews on any product you search. Riley has passed torture testing from many shooters including Rob Ski from AK Operators Union.

View Quote

This seems to be the modus operandi of US companies that try to manufacture an AK. They all make many mistakes early, most never recover, it's that "trash-can gun" mindset when in fact the AK is a very complex model of simple engineering (i'm aware of the irony of that statement).

But some learn, PSA has learned some hard lessons along the way, ALG too with their early triggers. Perhaps a great associated example is PTR, they took some 10 years or better to get G3's right, and now they put out really outstanding products.

I remember Riley's issues, hoping they are another company that's past that, more choice is awesome for us consumers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

You read wrong.

You file a F1. You get a stamp. You shorten the barrel or install a stock. Doesn't really matter what it was before.

Now, if you travel with it you can put the pistol back in pistol config and not do the travel form. Rifle you have to make the barrel longer. Not a biggie with an AR, more difficult with an AK.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

You read wrong.

You file a F1. You get a stamp. You shorten the barrel or install a stock. Doesn't really matter what it was before.

Now, if you travel with it you can put the pistol back in pistol config and not do the travel form. Rifle you have to make the barrel longer. Not a biggie with an AR, more difficult with an AK.
View Quote

thanks, not sure what I was reading.  But thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Unit-59] [#15]
Atlantic Firearms, could you please provide an availability date for the Riley Defense 7.62 Krink rifle?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#17]

2 of the pistol models will be relased later today , Do not have the exact ETA yet on the rifles .

https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/riley-krink-pistol-14.jpg
View Quote

Thank you Sir, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Be nice to see some additional reviews, I am definitely interested, looking at the PSA, a Zastava ZPAP 92 or this Riley. My preference is 7.62.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#19]
Originally Posted By 47Under:
Be nice to see some additional reviews, I am definitely interested, looking at the PSA, a Zastava ZPAP 92 or this Riley. My preference is 7.62.
View Quote

I have the ZPAP 92 and just ordered the PSA Krink.  ZPAP shoots great and looks great.  Only downside is the non standard PG that is a PITA to swap out.  And the fact that adding a traditional triangle folder is very involved.  On the PSA and the Riley adding the stock when going the SBR route is drop in DIY.

ZPAP price is lowest of all three and they are dropping.  I suspect the release of the PSA and Riley have something to do with the ZPAP price drop...

IMO, once PSA releases all of their calibers of the Krinkov, they will own the Krink market.  The PSA price will likely drop as well, and don't forget their daily deals with free shipping.  I will likely pick up another PSA in 300blk once that starts to happen
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#20]

I have the ZPAP 92 and just ordered the PSA Krink.  ZPAP shoots great and looks great.  Only downside is the non standard PG that is a PITA to swap out.  And the fact that adding a traditional triangle folder is very involved.  On the PSA and the Riley adding the stock when going the SBR route is drop in DIY.

ZPAP price is lowest of all three and they are dropping.  I suspect the release of the PSA and Riley have something to do with the ZPAP price drop...

IMO, once PSA releases all of their calibers of the Krinkov, they will own the Krink market.  The PSA price will likely drop as well, and don't forget their daily deals with free shipping.  I will likely pick up another PSA in 300blk once that starts to happen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 47Under:

Excellent information much appreciated
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:12:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Unit-59] [#21]
Riley Defense Krinks are live on Atlantic's website, 7.62x39! 2 pistol models available with different rear trunions (modular or folding) for attaching braces or stocks. I've been on the fence with buying the PSA offering in 5.56, but I think the Riley Krink in 7.62 is a better option for me personally. Ordering myself one today. I've had one of Riley's regular AK's for several years now and it has served me well and I have many rounds through it, no issues and I expect this new offering to be the same quality or better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#22]
pics under the muzzle device?

internal pics?

Even at Atlantic these pics are missing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#23]
looks nice.  Does it take the normal Krink handguards?   Wood with a bakelite mag would look fantastic.  Takes the normal muzzle devices?  no bbl extension under compensator?

I have a 5.56 Krink now, might just lean to a 7.62.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:43:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#25]

View Quote
It will probably be close to a year before that happens.

@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS  Are the Riley Krinks 100% US made or built from imported parts?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I am thankful that there are more than one player making Krink clones that are reasonable - They are really not priced too badly given the AK prices in general and what do kit builds cost? $3-4k+? IF you can find them.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Riley Krinks are US made
View Quote

I'm not sure I want to support the politics of that country, but will end up buying one anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#29]
just in time to compete with the PSA Krink.
View Quote

Is PSA even going to make one in 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mancat:

Is PSA even going to make one in 7.62x39?
View Quote
They say they are. After 5.56, 5.45, and 300BO.  So you'll be waiting a while and these are available now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top