Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2024 4:48:28 PM EDT
I just recently picked up an Arsenal SAM7K-55 that I am starting to personalize. Submitted the form 1 for it and am installing a CNC Warrior 9" tubular right side folding stock. Now I am looking to add my MRO and a Surefire M340DFT light.

The dilemma I have is that if I go with the RS Regulate mount I have concerns that the optic will sit too low. Their optic-specific top mounts sit at absolute co-witness. The CNC Warrior's comb is a bit more straight back compared to a standard AK stock or triangle folder, at least from what I can tell comparing google images. I have an AK-V with an M4 stock adapter and a Galil ACE; both that have similar straighter/more inline stocks than a standard AK and I use an absolute co-witness optic on the AK-V and a lower 1/3rd one on the ACE. Both are very comfortable setups for me.

A solution to bring the optic up a little higher would be to go with the RS Picatinny top mount and then just attach the MRO to it with either a fixed low mount or maybe a QD option.

Does anyone run an optic on the RS AKRK Mini Picatinny top mount versus the optic-specific top mount that could affirm how much higher it sits? Also, does it allow any co-witness to the irons?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry but I can't give you a direct 1-to-1 correlation as I don't run the sidemounts.

But I do run Attero rear-sight replacement mounts and I can tell you there is an issue using the lower optic specific mounts, with a stock that brings you up more inline with the receiver as opposed to a standard AK stock which puts your cheek lower.

I've found it's better to use their picatinny mount, which is roughly a half inch higher, and gives you a more natural cheek-weld. You do lose the co-witness capability running that specific mount though.

It's an issue for some folks, I can shoot with the low mount and a high stock, but it takes some work.

A standard AK stock with it being mounted lower and having a tiny bit of drop, works really well with the lower co-witnessing optic mount.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
I'm sorry but I can't give you a direct 1-to-1 correlation as I don't run the sidemounts.

But I do run Attero rear-sight replacement mounts and I can tell you there is an issue using the lower optic specific mounts, with a stock that brings you up more inline with the receiver as opposed to a standard AK stock which puts your cheek lower.

I've found it's better to use their picatinny mount, which is roughly a half inch higher, and gives you a more natural cheek-weld. You do lose the co-witness capability running that specific mount though.

It's an issue for some folks, I can shoot with the low mount and a high stock, but it takes some work.

A standard AK stock with it being mounted lower and having a tiny bit of drop, works really well with the lower co-witnessing optic mount.
View Quote

Appreciate it, I did end up going with the picatinny mount to get it up a little higher. I also picked up a fixed standard mount and an ADM QD mount to Olay with and see which one of those works out better
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've tried a few different mounts including Attero and RS Regulate, and a bunch of knock off clones. The Attero looks awesome but my optics sit a tad low on it, the RS Regulate is pretty much perfect height wise, but I do not use co-witness so I can't comment on that. My RS has the footprint mount not the picatinny mount.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top