Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2024 6:37:14 PM EDT
I have been looking at one of these at the gun store cheap.
How do you tell the difference between a cast and forged trunnion on these rifles?
All else looks good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Iirc the cast trunion pioneers are potential grenades.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s what I understand, I’d like to know the difference.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the cast front trunnions I've seen will have a hemispheric line at some location, often if you remove the top cover it's visible front to back above the barrel chamber journal.

Or absolutely no tooling marks anywhere. Or a surface that looks slightly like orange peel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Good rule of thumb is to avoid pioneer arms. Often places market them as "Random". Made in the same city but not the famous plant.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Good rule of thumb is to avoid pioneer arms. Often places market them as "Random". Made in the same city but not the famous plant.
View Quote

That’s what I’m seeing, but for $450 it’s tempting.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top