Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2024 1:46:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR]
Bought as a pistol late January with plans to kit it out with Zenitco parts, my Omega 9K suppressor, and SBR it. When my EOTech finally arrived, I noticed it sat canted to the right when aiming down sights. KUSA sent me a replacement dust cover as I thought maybe the picatinny rail had been affixed to the dust cover incorrectly. New dust cover fit like a glove and required no grinding (my original dust cover had been sanded in 8 different spots by the factory) but did not solve the canted optic issue. It's like the dust cover sits off relative to the receiver but I can't tell where the issue is. KUSA is willing to address this, but it will be a moderate hassle to return everything back to stock (their requirement) and send it back in. Gun will potentially be out six weeks. Is it worth the trouble or nyet, rifle is fine? Are they actually going to be able to correct something like this without screwing up the gun more? What would you do?

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I would add a side rail mount and swap to a standard dust cover.

I find dust cover mounted optics to be a bit hinky, personally.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:13:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Villafuego] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:
I would add a side rail mount and swap to a standard dust cover.

I find dust cover mounted optics to be a bit hinky, personally.
View Quote

Thats the route I went ..... but non-railed PP-19 / Vityaz dust covers are exceptionally difficult to source
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:56:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex_Sanguine_Nation] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

Thats the route I went ..... but non-railed PP-19 / Vityaz dust covers are exceptionally difficult to source
https://i.imgur.com/zlpZNl0.jpg
View Quote

I see what you mean. Unobtanium. Still, that canted optic would drive me batty.

OP, if KUSA is willing to fix it, I say let them, however long it takes. Seems that there is no easy fix.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#4]
Thanks guys. I ended up shipping it back to KUSA and it is scheduled to be delivered 3/7. I listed three issues:

1) Optic sitting canted on rail
2) Play in Eastern Block K-21 rail
3) Abnormal resistance/difficulty as bolt rides over the trigger group when racking it

Meanwhile I submitted an efile Form 1 on 2/23.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck! Hopefully you don't need a new one. That would suck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:54:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#6]
I had the same issue. I shimmed it with strips of a beer can
Not even kidding.

I don’t remember if I removed the shims.

It has to do with the rail width if I recall. The mount is wider and grabs it weird.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top