Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2024 10:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 71Camaro427]
Got my new M70UF in the mail the other day. It came with some abysmally bad fake distressed battlefield pickup wood that immediately went in the trash.  I dont know what those guys a Zastava USA are thinking sometimes. Anyway all is well now . Nice factory underfolder , correct military scope mount, Mitchell style gas block with bayonet lug. All is right.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Oops, wrong pic :)

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks awesome! NEEED!

Don't throw the handguards away! I'll take them if you don't want them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Zastava has been kicking butt lately, I love there aks right now and am looking forward to adding one of these.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to order one soon. I have the same flash hider as you do, OP, on my standard M70. It's a work of art. I wish Nodak was still around.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
pic of the other side? Interested in the "proper" scope rail. Wanna see if it's what I remember from the Mitchell imports
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
pic of the other side? Interested in the "proper" scope rail. Wanna see if it's what I remember from the Mitchell imports
View Quote

I think it's raised and takes a new designed mount that fits the height better.

I guess so you can fold it with the optic still attached.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Its not a new designed rail. Its the same rail theyve been putting on these things for 40 years.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:44:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MouseBoy] [#9]
I really like it.  At $800 or $900 though, not +$1,100

Where did you get the new hand guards?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Wholesale is 1029 shipped. I got piles of that wood I imported from the Czech Republic
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#11]
How is your underfolding stock?

I’ve held three of these new zastava uf  at three different dealers and all of them had excessive wobble/play up and down when locked open or closed. I’m talking like 1/4 to 1/2 inch and more movement.  

I been waiting since shot show 2023 for these to come out.  Was very disappointed when i handled them.  Unfortunately that was a deal breaker for me.  

I previously owned 4 underfolders, kassnar hungarians, norinco 56, and even a Mitchells Yugo way back when.  All of them locked up nice and tight when opened or folded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I install underfolders as a service at my shop. I use a 16mm carbide end mill for the main trunnion bolt/pin which is the proper size for a very tight pin fit. That is NOT what Zastava uses even on their military guns. They use a 17mm hole. Ive built a crapload with military underfolder trunnions and theyre all the same. . Its loose. Not 1/4" loose but .5mm on either side.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:

Same side rail but raised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCR0GQYEVto
It requires a shorter mount
View Quote

Thats the actual Zastava military side mount they used with "Milspec" M89 scope that ZRAK makes in Bosnia. The same one they put on all the old Mitchell imports. The low  US civilian mount is really the oddball one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 71Camaro427:

Thats the actual Zastava military side mount they used with "Milspec" M89 scope that ZRAK makes in Bosnia. The same one they put on all the old Mitchell imports. The low  US civilian mount is really the oddball one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesJones:

Same side rail but raised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCR0GQYEVto
It requires a shorter mount

Didn't know that. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:18:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice underfolder, OP
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:00:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fullmedaljacket8] [#18]
I fondled one at a local shop $1249 the stock was very tight to rotate. In the extended position it was pretty wobbly. When I tried to fold it up the butt plate portion wouldn’t fold out of the way to close. OP is correct about the “battlefield” handguards looked like my 3 year old tried to tear them up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:27:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 71Camaro427] [#19]
Originally Posted By fullmedaljacket8:
I fondled one at a local shop $1249 the stock was very tight to rotate. In the extended position it was pretty wobbly. When I tried to fold it up the butt plate portion wouldn’t fold out of the way to close. OP is correct about the “battlefield” handguards looked like my 3 year old tried to tear them up.
View Quote

It takes a while to get those to loosen up. Ive got a good sized stash of NOS Yugo underfolder stocks I use for customer guns and theyre all like that. The wobbliness is just the nature of Yugo underfolders because they make the lock holes in the receiver bigger to make it easier to open and latch closed. Even the original Milspec guns are like that.

The sad thing about the handguards they come with  is that the wood is actually new US made wood that has been "distressed" by some jackass with a knife on purpose. They paid someone to do that. .Zastava USA has some inferiority complex about their furniture. Its like where they take that beautiful Zastava wood on the M92's and stain it black for no good reason. Someone at that company needs to get their teeth kicked in.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice M70 but you really need to do something about the P-grip. It detracts from the.M70's good looks .
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By NATIONALIST:
Nice M70 but you really need to do something about the P-grip. It detracts from the.M70's good looks .
View Quote

I think it looks quite a bit better than regular yugo grips, probably handles better too.

Nice looking rifle OP!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top