Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2022 12:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork]
Atlantic Firearms had the KUSA KP9 marked down to $795 so I had to pick one up. They appear to still be in stock if anyone is interested. Also, I added a x2 magazine pack to the order and it discounted that to $35 so I got that too.

I plan to SBR this so I put the KUSA triangle folder on order.

What do I need to check out on this pistol before I apply for a stamp? Just general inspection/function or are there some significant trouble areas to look at?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've also done one and haven't had any issues. I'd just make sure that the gun functions well, and that you can get the stock retaining pin out first, as I SBR'ed a PSA AK and then found out I couldn't get it out even with a sledge hammer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hoodfu:
I've also done one and haven't had any issues. I'd just make sure that the gun functions well, and that you can get the stock retaining pin out first, as I SBR'ed a PSA AK and then found out I couldn't get it out even with a sledge hammer.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. The video makes it look easy but I always end up being an exception . Would that be a deal breaker for you, or would you just accept defeat and find a professional to knock the pin out? I emailed KUSA to see if they would remove the pin for me if I have trouble.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I would look to make sure it has a round bevelled firing pin.  If it has a flat pin, it can fire out of battery.  They fixed this with the new round and beveled firing pin.

I just got my kp9 yesterday and it does have the new firing pin.  I checked to see if I could get it to dimple a primer slightly OOB and it would not.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My KP-9 has been a beast, that’s all I got. Pull the trigger, goes bang, every time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:58:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mykrowyre] [#5]
Fired mine today for the first time. Was surprised at just how easily it will shoulder bump.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top