Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2023 11:09:25 AM EDT
SO I had my smith put a Yugo M70 under folder stock on my M92 PAP. I thought everything was going to fit just right. It mostly does, but the selector lever has to be on safe for the stock to fold and can not be used until the stock it out again. There are cuts for a selector on the stock. They just don't line up with this selector. I did find an M70 selector lever at Apex. I imagine I can find one on the EE here cheaper. But will it function properly? Anyone have experience with this?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah you’re gonna need that M70 safety. I would recommend getting one sooner than later, because those things a while back where pretty hard to find. I sold all my aks about 5 years ago, but when I had my M92UF I was lucky enough to have purchased the 92 stock and safety. I remember reading on AKfiles that it for the conversion to work it has to be same stock / safety (70 or 92) - not a mixture of the two.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Not just any M70 selector will work. It needs to be an M70B2/M70AB2 selector.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:32:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: J_taylor] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The underfolder selector tabs are in a different location to clear the stock.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]
This should be the right one. Ordered it last night.
Apex Yugo selector
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad you're getting that worked out.  I'd like to find an M70 under folder stock for my M92.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:20:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: austinsarmoury] [#6]
AKOptions has the stock assembly and selector for $150: https://akoptionsllc.com/yugo-under-folding-stock-and-safety-selector-combo/
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:47:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OneMoreAR] [#7]
Thank you!  I ordered one.  Found a coupon for $5 shipping and they charged no sales tax.

$150 is a lot to pay for a few pieces of stamped steel, but that's the price to play.

Now who can install this for me?  After I secure my SBR stamp.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]
You are in luck, there is a gunsmith/SOT in Irmo, SC that did mine for me.  $225 including return shipping.  I had to supply the parts obviously.

Here is a thread on the Carolina Firearms Forum detailing it:

https://carolinafirearmsforum.com/index.php?threads/underfolder-options.133764/

My M85 post conversion to UF:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Very good, but I'm not a member of that forum and cannot see the contact info.  Would you please share that with me?

I'm about 1.5 hours west of Irmo and don't often go that direction.  But sometimes do visit Riverbanks Zoo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landric] [#10]
Here is a link to his information:

Advanced By Design

Here is the text from the post I linked in my last post, it just describes how he does it:

Attachment Attached File

I just sent my gun to him and he returned it when it was done.  He had it less than a week.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OneMoreAR] [#11]
Thank you very much!

Is that forum worth joining and hanging out?

To the OP and others here; I apologize for hijacking this thread, but it has been very helpful to me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OneMoreAR:
Thank you very much!

Is that forum worth joining and hanging out?

To the OP and others here; I apologize for hijacking this thread, but it has been very helpful to me.
View Quote

It is definitely worth joining, I really like it.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top