BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 3/5/2024 6:53:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut]

I went back and forth and couldn't make up my mind about an 8.5" 5.56 barrel.  Tried to have a technical discussion about it but we had to respect the authoritah of the almighty MODS and the thread was locked.  The MOD explain how very tired they grew filtering thru such tiresome threads such as ours.

I only hope they somehow are able to regain strength and continue the vital mission of sparing our eyes of such painful content.

But I was able to learn that an 8.5 barrel should be just fine just before we were silenced.... In a FLASH some might say.

So I kept refreshing the PSA website and low and behold, the redwood Krink popped back up and I ordered it

such GHEY activity deserved a true HAPPY ENDING

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You’ve chosen……wisely!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#2]
Heavy handed moderation is the main reason I don’t frequent this subforum, I’m only lead here by “active topics”.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Heavy handed moderation is the main reason I don’t frequent this subforum, I’m only lead here by “active topics”.
View Quote

Samesies
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics when you get it are mandatory, or it didn't happen!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats OP, hope it works out for you!

But at the risk of pissing people off here, "heavy handed moderation" is what has kept this technical forum from turning into the shitposting sideshow that is the AK Files these days.

And before anybody accuses me of kissing ass, ask Dryflash or any mod for that matter, how many times they've banned or threatened to ban me, hell i'm on my last warning now.

It's nice to have a place to discuss true technical aspects of the platform without a bunch of flaming and insults.

Again, i'm as guilty as shit of being a dick in the past. Trying to reform now as my life has finally taken a turn for the better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Congrats OP, hope it works out for you!

But at the risk of pissing people off here, "heavy handed moderation" is what has kept this technical forum from turning into the shitposting sideshow that is the AK Files these days.

And before anybody accuses me of kissing ass, ask Dryflash or any mod for that matter, how many times they've banned or threatened to ban me, hell i'm on my last warning now.

It's nice to have a place to discuss true technical aspects of the platform without a bunch of flaming and insults.

Again, i'm as guilty as shit of being a dick in the past. Trying to reform now as my life has finally taken a turn for the better.
View Quote

I agree flaming and insults are off putting,

perhaps someone could point out the flaming and insults that got the last TWO threads locked...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

I agree flaming and insults are off putting,

perhaps someone could point out the flaming and insults that got the last TWO threads locked...
View Quote

I hear ya bro, but I never said that's what got them locked, just saying it goes on in other places, and maybe the dude is guilty of an over-abundance of caution in this instance, but for the 12 years i've been here he's kept this section of the forum nice and clean. Believe me, I locked horns with him on multiple occasions back in the day, but i've come to appreciate what he does, and all for zero pay.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]

I hear ya bro, but I never said that's what got them locked, just saying it goes on in other places, and maybe the dude is guilty of an over-abundance of caution in this instance, but for the 12 years i've been here he's kept this section of the forum nice and clean. Believe me, I locked horns with him on multiple occasions back in the day, but i've come to appreciate what he does, and all for zero pay.
View Quote

I'm good.  I won't be locking horns with anybody.  I just want my Krink!  glad I managed to get the technical information squeezed out of the last thread before it upset the order of things...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Sad my thread got locked. Looking forward to seeing your krink photos
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm good.  I won't be locking horns with anybody.  I just want my Krink!  glad I managed to get the technical information squeezed out of the last thread before it upset the order of things...
View Quote

Cool, happy you scored one, now just swap that barrel for a CHF-chrome-lined proper barrel.

Did you ever get those grips? Haven't checked the tracking....
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats! Looking forward to hearing the feedback on these.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I was on a zoom call and bored out of my mind and these popped up. I was waiting for a plum , but as I sat there with the red in my cart for minutes , it never sold out and I hit submit. See how she is when it gets here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Neat.gif
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Cool, happy you scored one, now just swap that barrel for a CHF-chrome-lined proper barrel.

Did you ever get those grips? Haven't checked the tracking....
View Quote

Yes I did thanks.  Now don't you derail this thread and get it locked...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
what 40 round 5.56 AK mag would work in the PSA Krink?  Or is their such an animal?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#18]
what 40 round 5.56 AK mag would work in the PSA Krink?  Or is their such an animal?
View Quote

Good question, and how about drums?

Last 5.56 AK I had was an M85NP that took stanag AR mags, it looked damn cool with a Magpul D-60.

Will chicom type 84 40-rounders work?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Looking forward to the pics.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Niiiice! Congrats OP. IN for pics.

How quick did they sell out this time?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sajer:
I was on a zoom call and bored out of my mind and these popped up. I was waiting for a plum , but as I sat there with the red in my cart for minutes , it never sold out and I hit submit. See how she is when it gets here.
View Quote

So you are getting one also?!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#23]

Last 5.56 AK I had was an M85NP that took stanag AR mags, it looked damn cool with a Magpul D-60.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There are some Molot 45-round polymer RPK 5.56 mags out there.  Royal Tiger had them when they were importing the Vepr-IV or whatever it was, basically an RPK-74M in 5.56.  People want a lot of money when they pop up now.

AC-Unity had quad-stack 45- and 60-round 5.56 mags at Arms of America very briefly.  AoA pulled the listing after a couple days and I haven’t seen them come back anywhere; very curious situation.  My suspicion is they ran afoul of someone’s patent and got cease & desisted.

The RPK-16 has a new 96-round 5.45 drum but I don’t think either have been adapted to 5.56 aside from being rarer than shit anyway.

You could try the swap-the-follower trick on a regular RPK-74 mag but I’m pretty the universe kills a kitten every time someone does that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

So you are getting one also?!
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag for pics; always wanted a krink.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Yep.
View Quote

Hell yeah. Looking forward to see all the pics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm jelly. It's my grail gun.  How much?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:
I'm jelly. It's my grail gun.  How much?
View Quote

I think it was $1099, I checked out so fast I don't remember.  $1205.99 with shipping and tax.  I had to go look...

I had one in my basket the day they came out and let it expire because I had changed my mind.  Then I got an email the next day that they were in stock but checked too late and they were already OOS again before I went on the site.

Today I checked off and on all day and when it was there, I jumped on it.

No RAGRETS
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Congrats!

Post some pics!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I was on PSA's site two times when they were available in the past week, both times I passed because of the 8" barrel/223 discussion thing going on. But I think 3 times is going to be a charmer for sure if I get another chance.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Unit-59:
I was on PSA's site two times when they were available in the past week, both times I passed because of the 8" barrel/223 discussion thing going on. But I think 3 times is going to be a charmer for sure if I get another chance.
View Quote

I am not convinced that the ballistics will be great, but my main concern was keyholing.  As long as I don't get that, I'll be good.  Always considered this a range toy/ plinker.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#33]

I am not convinced that the ballistics will be great, but my main concern was keyholing.  As long as I don't get that, I'll be good.  Always considered this a range toy/ plinker.
View Quote
It is a fast 1/7 twist.

What was the twist rate of the original AKS-74U?  Wasn't somewhere between 1/6 and 1/7 as well?  I think 5.45x39 generally has a longer projectile than 5.56x45 though, at least with the more common 55gr to 62ish gr that most Americans shoot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Plums popped up today. I could have snagged another one , but I let it go.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
I can't decide either since all my AK are in 7.62 x 39 and I also reload it. So I let it go
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
It is a fast 1/7 twist.

What was the twist rate of the original AKS-74U?  Wasn't somewhere between 1/6 and 1/7 as well?  I think 5.45x39 generally has a longer projectile than 5.56x45 though, at least with the more common 55gr to 62ish gr that most Americans shoot.
View Quote

AKSU is 1:6.3. Longer projo but generally around 59gr. I do have some 77gr 545 and I'm loading it with 55gr.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By akethan:

I can't buy a 556 AK
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:32:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#39]

View Quote
Oh, damn. I checked yesterday evening too. I must have just missed them.

Are these popping up at a certain time of the day?  I remember the AK-Vs were hitting the site at like 4PM EST when they first came out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#40]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Are these popping up at a certain time of the day?  I remember the AK-Vs were hitting the site at like 4PM EST when they first came out.
View Quote
To answer my own question, yes it looks like theses may be popping up around 4PM.  I started checking at 4PM today and saw some with Redwood furniture become available around 4:30. I snagged one, so hopefully I will pick it up at my LGS next week.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt-Planet] [#41]
-e- disregard
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Today is the big day, my Krink is out for delivery.  7 days is pretty fast shipping in my book.

I have 23 mags loaded with 20 rounds each ready for a 460rnd range test. (Testing mag function  and the Krink)
8 PSA
4 AC Unity
4 Bulgarian
4 Polish
3 AK556 by AC Unity

Actually the Krink ships with a mag so I may load it up for a total of 24 mag test.  Pics and range report later today if everything goes as planned
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked mine up at lunch. Here’s  a few quick pics.  Its overall looks very very nice. It’s covered in a film of oil. The wood looks super nice and it very slick feeling.

Will get more tonight when I clean it up and will run to range at lunch tomorrow. So far so good on being pretty happy with it. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By d16man:

@sajer is that Gloss Plum?
View Quote

It is the red. I wanted plum , but this popped up instead. Overall looks great on color.

Interested to see the plum.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#46]
Looks good. The red is nice and dark.

Good luck with them guys!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice Krink!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked mine up at lunch. Here’s  a few quick pics.  Its overall looks very very nice. It’s covered in a film of oil. The wood looks super nice and it very slick feeling.

Will get more tonight when I clean it up and will run to range at lunch tomorrow. So far so good on being pretty happy with it. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23831/IMG_3054_jpeg-3157071.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23831/IMG_3056_jpeg-3157072.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23831/IMG_3055_jpeg-3157073.JPG
View Quote

Very nice! Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#50]

It is the red. I wanted plum , but this popped up instead. Overall looks great on color.

Interested to see the plum.

View Quote

Well maybe it's the lighting, but it looks pretty plummy to me, I like it!

Plum's great because it hides all the dried blood stains, lol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top