Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2024 4:13:10 PM EDT
Disclaimer: I just found this combo this morning. I have not tested this out in any serious way as of yet, but it seems simple and workable enough that I'm putting this out on t'internets....

This was going to be an afternoon "arts and crafts" project (AKA I'm not going outside in today's sub-zero weather if I don't have to). This morning I stopped by a military surplus store in search of a magazine pouch to cannibalize and bend to my will. What I found were a pair of single 40mm grenade pouched for under $5 each. One in OCP (NSN 8465-01-524-7625), and the other in 3-color desert (NSN 8465-01-491-7527).

My Romanian (I think) bayonet frog fits like the pouch was meant for it. The opening on the bottom is too small for the frog to fall through, there is a decent amount of friction that keeps the frog in place while the bayonet is drawn, and the retention flap snaps securely over the muzzle ring. My Yugoslavian bayonet frog fits as well, but it doesn't have the rubber sleeve on the outside, so it can fall through without the bayonet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Again, I haven't worked out the kinks in this setup, but it seems simple and solid enough that it is worth sharing.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top