Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/12/2023 9:48:29 AM EDT
I have been searching the web for 30 round Hungarian magazines in stock.  Can't seem to locate any.  I need three of them to fullfill my OCD needs.  I have 2 Hungarian 5 cell pouches, and one of them only has 3 mags in it.

I found a 5 cell pouch that has 5 "Surplus" mags that might be Hungarian, or might be something else.  Can't brig myself to gamble on that and wind up with another pouch that would only need to be filled...

I am loosing sleep
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya lost me there OP, you said you have a 5 mag pouch that is missing two, but you need three total?

lemme check my stash, I may have a few, but they ain't gonna be cheap as they are unobtainium.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry OP, I've had the same Hungarian 30 rounders since 1985 and I've grown rather fond of them. Couldn't bear to part with any. Hungarian 20s and 30s are my favorite AK mags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1Devildog:
Sorry OP, I've had the same Hungarian 30 rounders since 1985 and I've grown rather fond of them. Couldn't bear to part with any. Hungarian 20s and 30s are my favorite AK mags.
View Quote

I found some on GB. Right @ 12 bucks each after tax and shipping for 6 of them.  We shall see what they actually are when they get here.
But now my OCD is still twitching because I got six and will basically be in the same boat. Number of mags not matching my number of pouches.
It never ends.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
They aren’t hard to find. Here is one.

https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30175
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Devildog] [#6]
Originally Posted By Toddrick:
They aren’t hard to find. Here is one.

https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30175
View Quote

Ad states "European" not Hungarian. Did you contact the seller to confirm the mags are Hungarian?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 1Devildog:

Ad states "European" not Hungarian. Did you contact the seller to confirm the mags are Hungarian?
View Quote

Right not to be "that guy" but my Hungarian mags have a  different finish from the other steel mags I have -  kinda like painted over parked thing going on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AKR:

Right not to be "that guy" but my Hungarian mags have a  different finish from the other steel mags I have -  kinda like painted over parked thing going on.
View Quote

There are paint-over-park Hungarian mags (my favorite) and some that are blued. I can't say for certain the blued ones aren't refinished or just later production. Mine were acquired in 1985 with additional ones bought in the early 1990s. I didn't see the blued ones until 20+ years later. IIRC, from just my memory, the blued ones typically have different stamps/proof marks. Maybe made by a different manufacturer?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
OK that time line completely makes sense to me because the first Hungarian mags I know of came with Kasner imports.  Now that I am thinking about it, I bought some a few years ago that I think may have been blued which had a "Made in Hungary" sticker on them -  I would need to dig them up.  

Then there are the 20rd "Tanker" mags that were all the rage like 10 years ago.  Anyone have any of those handy to say what the finish is?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:02:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Devildog] [#10]
My Hungarian tankers are paint-over-park. They are also my second favorite AK mag after the Hungarian-paint over-park 30s. I've not seen them with any other finish than this.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top