Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/9/2023 10:35:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: campower]
I like wood furnature on my AKs.

I hate the bottom sling swivel on the bottom of the buttstock. Makes the rifles carry wierd when slung over the back.

How do you guys run your slings with factory Yugo wood?
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aimatdeer] [#1]
This on both endsAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aimatdeer:
This on both endshttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/418716/1000011770_jpg-3054372.JPG
View Quote

That was my first setup.

Really hate the way they bind and don't swivel freely on my M90. Also on the buttstock they added to the low point awkwardness when walking for hours with the rifle slung on my back.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Force Gear

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 1:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CanvasBack] [#4]
Originally Posted By campower:

That was my first setup.

Really hate the way they bind and don't swivel freely on my M90. Also on the buttstock they added to the low point awkwardness when walking for hours with the rifle slung on my back.
View Quote

Could possibly use a short piece of paracord tied into a loop to help give just enough slack for those to not bind.  
Though it probably won't help with lower attachment point trying to flip the buttstock end. May need to look at an adapter or sling made for fixed buttstocks without the side swivel.

Edit:
Perhaps like the sling below. I don't have experience with it, but I'm tempted to try one for my M70
Specter sling
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]

This is worth a try.

Thanks man!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top