Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2024 4:12:08 PM EDT
Need some help in knowing what kind of options are available to use with a 4.5mm side folding trunnion? I prefer to have something with LOP adjustment, I know JMAC makes a few options but they all seem to be fixed LOP.

I have extra Tailhook and SBA3 braces, so thinking those will be the most likely route. What are my best options?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I should also note I would prefer to go with the tailhook brace. I know there are plenty of options for being able to run an AR style brace/stock on an AK out there. Just wanting to see what other options are available.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#2]
If you want to use the tailhook, probably look into the DFA G-Rex or the MI Alpha stock with tailhook adapter. Those would give you LOP adjustment. For the G-Rex you will need to run a JMac (or similar) 4.5mm to AR buffer adapter. For the Alpha stock you will need a 4.5mm to 1913 adapter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
If you want to use the tailhook, probably look into the DFA G-Rex or the MI Alpha stock with tailhook adapter. Those would give you LOP adjustment. For the G-Rex you will need to run a JMac (or similar) 4.5mm to AR buffer adapter. For the Alpha stock you will need a 4.5mm to 1913 adapter.
View Quote

Thanks for the DFA recommendation, I hadn't come across that until now.

I like the look of the MI Alpha setup, but it gets sorry of bulky in the back with the 1913 adapter and then the MI combat mount of the Alpha stock. Wish they had a direct to 4.5mm mount. Would streamline it.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top