Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2021 7:31:14 AM EDT
Are there any differences (besides the markings) on the original D-Technik marked imported VZ58's (beaver barf version) and the newer line that Atlantic is bringing in branded Czech Small Arms (for a whopping $1899)?

I understand they are the same factory, juts wondering if there are any quirks/differences between these two imports due to the different timeline. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:47:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#1]
Yes. The d-tech guns had the original barrels with welded on extensions. The CSA guns have Lothar Walther 16" barrels. I think they may also have been lacking tabbed carriers? Could be wrong on that one. Also, the receivers weren't threaded for a scope rail. The newer CSA guns also have plastic triggers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! I also found this after posting the question, which goes into some detail on all this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKubumpOn0
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kujo:
Thanks for the info! I also found this after posting the question, which goes into some detail on all this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKubumpOn0
View Quote

I couldnt watch that vid for very long. Slow talkers make me want to move on. But anyway i bought one of the newer ones off gunbroker cause at the time it was the only place you could. I like everything about it except the plastic trigger. I purchased a surplus trigger from apex and they are not quite compatible. I think i can make it work but not a drop in and if i remember correctly there will be a gap on one side. But the gun is still under warranty so ill try to replace it when its out of warranty. Other than that and the crappy plastic mags mine came with it appears to be top notch quality. I have a century version as well and its a stellar gun too. Have owned it for like 8 years and it always goes bang.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top