Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2024 10:57:22 PM EDT
Was perusing casually as I do when distracted on G Deals and saw an ad for a gunrack.

This gunrack had the most unusual bullpup kit. Made the gun look like a FAMAS or a QBZ-95 for a sec when I saw the image as a thumbnail. Had to zoom-in to realize it wasn't an old CAI or newer STI/CBPRS kit.

It's the gun on the right of the traditional AKM. Is it a real kit anyone, or is this just a render?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
BEG YOUR PARDON AKM community

My dumb*ss realized after posting it's a Norinco Type 86S.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:58:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKzgalore] [#3]
Honestly why doesn't any bullpup kit maker step-in to revitalize this?

This 1 of 1200 sold for over $4k last year. It honestly seems to use all AKM components save for the gas port, which seems to be forged as one piece with the gas block & carry handle. For the most part, seems like you could make it as a conversion kit, hell the first Type 86s were built off of the Type 85, which used a milled receiver. This still uses a stamped...

STI seemed to take the approach of introducing pic rail risers for the rear sight and gas components so that you wouldn't have to actually repopulate your barrel for the kit, maintaining an out-of-the-box compatibility. But it looks kinda fugly tbh.

Wish someone made Norinco-esque kits...
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nictra] [#4]
is that not the Chinese bullpup?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco_Type_86S

ETA: read all the posts and see you answered your own question.....carry on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:54:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:
Honestly why doesn't any bullpup kit maker step-in to revitalize this?

This 1 of 1200 sold for over $4k last year. It honestly seems to use all AKM components save for the gas port, which seems to be forged as one piece with the gas block & carry handle. For the most part, seems like you could make it as a conversion kit, hell the first Type 86s were built off of the Type 85, which used a milled receiver. This still uses a stamped...

STI seemed to take the approach of introducing pic rail risers for the rear sight and gas components so that you wouldn't have to actually repopulate your barrel for the kit, maintaining an out-of-the-box compatibility. But it looks kinda fugly tbh.

Wish someone made Norinco-esque kits...
View Quote

They already make a Type 56 so might as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:

https://i.imgflip.com/8jgv8o.jpg

They already make a Type 56 so might as well.
View Quote

Lol they shadow banned me from posting in their industry subsec and won't reply to my messages for some odd reason...I'm guessing it might be because of a comment to a long-since archived thread in tech I made years ago.

Anyhow, I would opine that this probably has a better chance of delivering on our Norinco-style bullpup needs, be it true AK or not...the tech twist of this comment being that that it's AR instead.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top