Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 9:37:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blablingo]
I’ve got a recently acquired VZ58 folder. I want the Beaver Barf  Buttstock to complete the rifle. Have searched high & low. Zahal has entire stock set, but its $150 (and I’m not sure if that includes all hardware).

Any ideas on where to find one?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you may have missed the boat on cheap and easy to find Vz stocks.  I picked mine up on ebay for $45 but that was several years ago.

Ironwood Designs is making the beech stocks.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya ebay used to filled with vz stuff for cheap. Not anymore. I wish i had bought some stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I’ve been looking on eBay a good bit and you guys are right that it seems to have dried up.

Maybe it’s WORTH the $150 for the stock?  At least I would get a backup set of hand guards....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The factory beech wood furniture is close to $300 new.
Seen a few independents sell cherry & nicer wood furniture for about the same.
So if it’s a matching set of good condition surplus furniture with hardware, easily worth $150 today.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe off topic but there was also a guy out there selling heat shields for inside the handguard. Cuz boy oh boy  those babies could warm up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:28:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wanderson] [#6]
If it’s the same guy I bought mine from years ago, he’s not doing it anymore.

Just a piece of flat aluminum stock cut n bent to shape, but it does work well. Much thicker than just a piece of chimney flashing, which is what I would have fabbed mine out of.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I snagged mine off RTG Parts, but they are out right now... They do have a 'notify when back in stock' button so you could try that.

The original wood sets are the same profile as the beaver barf, so that may be an option.

AJ
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to hijack the thread but "Beaver Barf", been there!  lol.  Back to what nastiness  you were discussing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Czechpoint USA has the black polymer ones in stock.

As for a beaver barf one you are probably going to have a hard time finding one from a retailer. I've been looking myself and everyone seems to be sold out.
Probably have to post a WTB on EE and hope someone is willing to part with theirs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Apexgunparts has the Beaver Barf stocks. Clearviewinvestments has the stock hardware and other VZ58 stuff fairly cheap.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, beaver barf stock still in stock at Apex for $65 no hardware.
Might not sound like a deal compared to what they were a few years ago but just for comparison, Apex has a wood stock for $180.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top