User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HardTymeZZZ]
How do you like it? Are they durable?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kilroymcb] [#1]
I've had one on my VZ-58 for over a year. It's nice, IMO. It hasn't broken yet. Eye relief is short, though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my PSA 102 and it works well, I bought the optic combo and rear based mount from AK operators union store. It took me a bit to get it set up because I didn't realize about the eye relief. But once I got it positioned correctly it works very well, I like it a lot and will keep using it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Eye relief is SHORT with those things (I have 2 of them). Also, a good cheek weld is necessary meaning for best accuracy you’ll need a cheek riser. I have found the prisms to be just as sensitive to parallax as any other magnified optic, maybe even more so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The inside of my safe hasn’t killed it yet. I like it a lot though. Got the master mount, which I may like better than the rs regulate since it has the pic rail and acog mount integrated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Good shooting with. Steel at 100 is a breeze. Eye relief isn’t as bad as a lot of other prism sights.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: country_boy87] [#6]
I have one mounted on my saiga 223, easily can hit a steel plate @ 100 without trying.
Love it!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Lightweight and does not require batteries, it's a keeper.  Eye relief is not as bad as I imagined...helps to have an adjustable stock FYI.
Also, I have bad astigmatism that would make shots out to 300Y very difficult with a red dot.  Was able to accomplish that with the 3X reliably (man sized steel).

As far as durability I believe as long as you have it on a stout mounting platform, you should be good to go.  Am willing to try a few drops into dirt/grass/sand next time out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked one up when PA had the open-box sale this past weekend.
I'll have to mount it up and see what I think.
It was too good a deal to pass up at $223 plus free shipping.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top