Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/9/2024 9:36:13 PM EDT
Does anyone have any pics of what happens if you put an alg trigger in a newer zastava?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I would imagine that you then have an ALG trigger in a Zestava.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought about it, not yet thpugh.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Factory says leave trigger alone and it will last lifetimes.

My M90 and M77 have great triggers from Zastava.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one in my M70, works fine
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a handful of broken bolt carriers in zastavas.  So far, i think all of them also had elg triggers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
There are a handful of broken bolt carriers in zastavas.  So far, i think all of them also had elg triggers.
View Quote

Broken? How?

I would expect egged trigger pin holes and broken trigger pins long before interference from a FCG would damage a carrier. From what I've seen a hammer will get beat to hell long before a Carrie shows much wear.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:34:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#7]
Key you've got to round the hammer, there will still be some deformation on the bolt carrier.
Metal will peen in some, but it will only go so far.
This video from few months ago, metal has stopped peening in......
After I made this video I did round hammers even more.
Problem with the Zastava M90 (bolt carrier getting stuck to the rear) and my fix for the issue.

I have ALG triggers in:
SLR107R
Zastava M90
Zastava M70
Galil
Even with the SLR107 there is some peening in on bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The hammer is harder metal than the bolt carrier, leads to deformed carrier tail, end up like the guy in the video above
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:52:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#9]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

Broken? How?

I would expect egged trigger pin holes and broken trigger pins long before interference from a FCG would damage a carrier. From what I've seen a hammer will get beat to hell long before a Carrie shows much wear.
View Quote

The bottom of the bolt carrier breaking off.  Its like a 1cm x 4cm rectangle.  The horizontal hole where the bolt and ejector pass through the bold carrier form a big C shape.  Some of the zastava carriers have a thinner wall in part of that C.  Its thin, but within their spec.  People have been putting the ALG FCGs in their guns and some of the ones with the thin walled C shape in their bolt carrier have been breaking off.  Zastava doesn't cover it under warranty, since it was due to the user installing aftermarket parts into the guts of the gun.

I went looking for a picture.  Here's a broken one, but strangely enough it doesnt have an ALG in it.  Most of them do.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]

The bottom of the bolt carrier breaking off.  Its like a 1cm x 4cm rectangle.  The horizontal hole where the bolt and ejector pass through the bold carrier form a big C shape.  Some of the zastava carriers have a thinner wall in part of that C.  Its thin, but within their spec.  People have been putting the ALG FCGs in their guns and some of the ones with the thin walled C shape in their bolt carrier have been breaking off.  Zastava doesn't cover it under warranty, since it was due to the user installing aftermarket parts into the guts of the gun.

I went looking for a picture.  Here's a broken one, but strangely enough it doesnt have an ALG in it.  Most of them do.
https://preview.redd.it/puajespql51c1.jpg?width=3000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4efbee7ce6702460f64b11af3d4bfe57d73199a9
View Quote

That looks a lot like the factory trigger but can't be sure.

Wonder if the carrier heat treatment is bad.

I'm sure they could get it welded up and move on but that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Zastava’s steel is softer, that’s all. Hence, it’s advised to use Zastava’s FCG.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]

https://preview.redd.it/puajespql51c1.jpg?width=3000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4efbee7ce6702460f64b11af3d4bfe57d73199a9
View Quote

Problem here with this picture, it will be shared around as the premier evidence Zastava and ALG dont work and bolt carriers will break.
This is the same thing that went on with Hydraulic buffers and ARs. There is one pic of a broken Enidine buffer that has been floating around since 2007.
(Broken buffer sitting on a shitty blue carpet).
That everyone uses as evidence despite the fact they have no experiance themselves with the product.

This pic clearly no ALG trigger, so ALG non-issue here. Now does Zastava have a hardness quality control issue? Yes, for sure but its not that wide spread I dont think.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#13]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:

Problem here with this picture, it will be shared around as the premier evidence Zastava and ALG dont work and bolt carriers will break.
This is the same thing that went on with Hydraulic buffers and ARs. There is one pic of a broken Enidine buffer that has been floating around since 2007.
(Broken buffer sitting on a shitty blue carpet).
View Quote

Except this isnt the only zastava with a broken carrier in the same manner.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Except this isnt the only zastava with a broken carrier in the same manner.

https://i.redd.it/lvttvwd224s81.jpg
View Quote

Yes but you made a pretty positive statement in the beginning it was ALG triggers doing it.
Which indeed is not the case, Bolt carriers breaking not a ALG trigger issue, its a Zastava bolt carrier issue.

Question do you own a Zastava with ALG trigger?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#15]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:

Yes but you made a pretty positive statement in the beginning it was ALG triggers doing it.
Which indeed is not the case, Bolt carriers breaking not a ALG trigger issue, its a Zastava bolt carrier issue.

Question do you own a Zastava with ALG trigger?
View Quote

No.  I own a dozen zastavas and I own a dozen AKs with ALGs.  I've seen enough pictures of zastavas with broken bolt carriers and ALG triggers, I'm not gonna join the club.

Are you also claiming that all the photographic evidence of century AKs blowing to pieces is just internet rumors?  Only people who own century AKs that have lost headspace and/or blown up are allowed to talk about it?

ALG tried to make a single FCG that works in every AK, no matter what factory it comes from.  Zastava makes an AK and has zero interest in making sure it works with some aftermarket FCG from 5000 miles away.  No surprise they have a higher level of incompatibility than in other AKs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#16]
The issue that has always persisted in forums like this
Many people swear to certain things with no 1st hand experiance, just share things they have seen.
In this forum, Op asking for info and you posted very authoritatively on the subject, and not from personal experiance it seems. (ALG damaging your rifle)

I think when it comes to deciding if a gun or item is good, one should check reviews (here, youtube etc)
If the majority of reviews are (bad or good either way) thats a good metric.

The issue is; its get convoluted when people pass off info as 1st hand and indeed it is not.

To your response item like Century being crap? Yes agree because the sheer amount of negative reviews and videos out way the positive.    
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top