Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/16/2023 1:18:46 PM EDT
Any thoughts on these mags?
Or should I just get PSA Ak100 mags?

https://atlanticfirearms.com/ak103-magazine
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used them in my Arsenal 106 with no issues.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't tried the 103 style mags but the $5 German market AC Unity ones are decent. Not as good as mil surplus mags but don't cost as much either.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 10 that came with my PSA AK101 (5.56).
I have not had any issues with them aside from most of them not actually holding the bolt open on the last round, as they are advertised as doing.
One does reliably.
The others will do it if I pull the bolt back slowly and let the follower rise up to catch the bolt.
But no issues feeding ammo into the gun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
They function properly in my AKs. They are worth what RTG and others are charging...
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnGA:
I have used them in my Arsenal 106 with no issues.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16765/Mag_Type_Page_1_jpg-2887915.JPG
View Quote

The AC-Unity mags do work in the Polish Beryl.

The polymer Yugo mags are also good in the 106, little tight, but nothing outrageous.  They will not fit my 2023 Beryl mag well though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't had any issues, and I like the metal locking tabs.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
No issues with my AC unity mags. 7.62x39 only.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
I have 10 that came with my PSA AK101 (5.56).
I have not had any issues with them aside from most of them not actually holding the bolt open on the last round, as they are advertised as doing.
One does reliably.
The others will do it if I pull the bolt back slowly and let the follower rise up to catch the bolt.
But no issues feeding ammo into the gun.
View Quote

These are advertised as standard followers - NON BHO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I am surprised no one has said this but if you need a 100% reliability mag for an AK, buy steel mil surplus.  This is the way.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, yea, but surplus mags are pricey these days.

Every good collection should have a mix of sturdy surplus mags and some inexpensive 'disposable' mags.
AC Unity mags have functioned fine in my WASR, Draco and AK63DS. Mine were the gen 1s with the BHO followers, I swapped in non-bho followers as soon as I got em. They bulge a bit in the middle when full but otherwise run fine. Think I paid $8 a pop but that was a few years ago.

Anyone know if AC Unity changed the floor plate? I read complaints of the floor plates occasionally popping off when dropping a full one on a concrete floor. And that there was some change because of it. I dropped a full one on hard clay ground a half dozen times as a test, no fails.

No experience with the PSA AK mags. Are they rebranded Bulgy mags? If they are, I'd pay a few bucks more a pop for Bulgys every time.
They seem to get good reviews.

Best price I've seen on the Bulgy reinforced poly mags was $15 from CDNN, and they have ACs for $10 as well as metal koreans for $10.

Only mag I can absolutely say 'avoid' is those cheap no name $5 Polish mags that came over a few years ago. Everyone said No Bueno and some dealers started advertising them as '25 rounders' cause the didn't work when full.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
For range mags just to dump lots of ammo, the $5 ACUnity mags for the German market work just fine for me. I’ve bought a couple cases of both the 30’s and 40’s from RTG when I order other stuff. Just toss them in the barn in case I need trading stock in the future if the Democrats have a mag ban.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone one using the quad stack AC Unity mags?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top