Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2023 10:15:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377]
I picked up a lightly-used ACE Gen2 5.56 yesterday that's had a Dissident/ALG single stage trigger installed. The previous owner set it up for competition and the trigger is showing @1.5 lbs. on my scale, which is a little light for me. The original trigger and LRBHO parts came in a bag and I'd like to try it out (and prefer to have the bolt hold open feature).

I've found a couple of install videos for the ALG trigger, but they either show the ALG already installed (and being reinstalled for video purposes) and don't show the original parts being removed, or they show the 7.62 model with doesn't have the bolt hold open. I've done AK triggers before, so I'm familiar with the hammer/trigger/disconnector but I'm not sure how the LRBHO parts intermingle. Does anyone have a pic of the oem internals on a 5.56 model?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#2]
Thanks...that helps me confirm my suspicion on where this spring went...

The end of the bolt release button has a tiny hole and there's a wire spring with a dogleg on one end that looks like it inserts into that hole and possibly rests on the rear of the LRBHO lever...that one has me scratching my head also.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 7:29:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJL0325] [#3]
You'll have to go on this channel and watch the multiple parts of videos on this. I think there were time limits when posted. But it shows in detail the removal of the OEM trigger and installation of the ALG.

You'll just have to do the steps in reverse.

Dissident Arms modified ALG AK trigger install in a 5.56 IWI Galil ACE Gen 2, part 1
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JJL0325:
You'll have to go on this channel and watch the multiple parts of videos on this. I think there were time limits when posted. But it shows in detail the removal of the OEM trigger and installation of the ALG.

You'll just have to do the steps in reverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQtQ6YaMr8
View Quote

Thanks.

I wound up figuring out the BHO lever/spring arrangement, and also how to make it work with the ALG hammer...had to remove just a schmidge of material from the front of the lever that was rubbing the lower part of the hammer.

I've had it apart and back togather so many times in the last week or so that I'm pretty sure I could do it blindfolded with my feet now.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top