Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yes the bolt will work with AK receivers. One could take a kit and remove the standard barrel or use a kit that has no barrel. Install a barrel chambered in 7.62x25mm and then use my bolt and your choice of magazine.

Do you work at EOD?
How much for just the bolt setup?
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
double post  
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
TAG
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes the bolt will work with AK receivers. One could take a kit and remove the standard barrel or use a kit that has no barrel. Install a barrel chambered in 7.62x25mm and then use my bolt and your choice of magazine.

Do you work at EOD? Yes.  I am Jim.
How much for just the bolt setup?
 They will be used in builds. I don't expect to sell many since they cost so much to build. I think the retail price is going to fall near the $210.00 mark. That is a rough estimate. I will release some once the builds are caught up.

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
tagg
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggg
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
mrjimbo,
Thank you for answering
I completely understand taking care of the builds first, I'll keep an eye on this and see what happens down the road.
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Count me in.  This may just have to be a graduation gift to myself!

I have a couple other projects from the minds of EOD...  TOP NOTCH stuff!

Link Posted: 8/15/2009 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#9]
sweet!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Updates?
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is a little update   The bolts are caught up with builds and I am up to my eyeballs in conversions and builds.  Here is a little something for Bob. ( you Know who you are) This will be on the truck very soon.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/silhouette.jpg" target="_blank">http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/silhouette.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/chhandle.jpg" target="_blank">http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/chhandle.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/detail.jpg" target="_blank">http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/detail.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/leftside.jpg" target="_blank">http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/leftside.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/sights.jpg" target="_blank">http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/sights.jpg

Since the conversions and builds are rolling. The machine shop has the bolts done and I am offering them on the website.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/25mm.jpg" target="_blank">http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/krinkers/25mm.jpg

As you can see we have made some modifications to the magazine well and will be using our system since there is a finite amount of PPS43 mag wells. This also allows us to use a familiar AK style mag catch.

Link Posted: 8/30/2009 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#12]
NIce work!

Been lurking and saving....

One nit though.....

You need to FLARE that mag well opening......just a little on the front and back......look at the MP40 magwell opening...

As it is, rapid changes must be hell.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
ya was there talk of making it usable with a drum?
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#14]
You can count on EOD, they make quality items.

Nice work Jim.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That would probably either require using a customized drum with a magazine-like feed tower, or cutting the receiver open to fit the drum in properly. I believe they stated they wanted to keep the receivers unmodified so allow conversion back to a standard caliber weapon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#16]
tagggggg
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would probably either require using a customized drum with a magazine-like feed tower, or cutting the receiver open to fit the drum in properly. I believe they stated they wanted to keep the receivers unmodified so allow conversion back to a standard caliber weapon.

Shouldn't be too hard.  I have a mill and a TIG welder, I'll let you guys know how it gos.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd be interested in a barreled(16" SS) receiver ,w/bolt, standard front trunnion and dust cover , no sights , in the white.

What are the odds for a package like this?

Link Posted: 10/3/2009 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]
what is lead time and price for a completed rifle
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Instant messages inbound .

As for the drum It would require a tower or a custom permanent receiver mod.  At the cost of ppsh41 drums  I don't see much call for modifying one but it could be done.
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
A little off topic, where can I get a thumb hole forend like that? Is it custom built or factory. I have seen them before and always wanted one.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone recieved a completed rifle yet? What was the cost and turn around time? If not when will the first batch be out? m4whore
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I had the pleasure of shooting this beauty yesterday. She was a blast and can chew through ammo like she's mad at it!!! Only problem is that I have officially been distracted off my ar15 builds..... I now need one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#24]
AWESOME, so if I understand right, I buy an AK KIT without barrel. I send it to you. They add a barrel, mag well ect. and get it running. That is for around $650 plus whatever the kit costs? thanks........
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Agree with cwm1150

Can u list procedure on how to purchase one of these babies and cost
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#26]
mrjimbo,
Your reticence is unnerving.  Its been weeks since we've heard from you and I like to think I speak for many who await updates re your new construct.  I'm sure you're busy with orders/conversions/research/prototypes, et al, and I feel that your busy-ness bodes well for us all.  But please, throw us a bone every now and again so we have something to hold on to.  Thanks and GBU and GBA.
ztruke
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Well it isn't an AK but it eats 7.62x25mm  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I6WTNY2mFc

On the AK front I have plans that are developing for a production AK platform in several pistol calibers.
at this time we are doing Custom builds  and conversions. The price varies from build to build due to the unique nature of our customer's individual taste. If you have a build in mind or just want to know more give me a call. at 567-262-3601 I do return my calls. So leave a message if you don't get an answer.  

Conversions of existing rifles are currently priced at $475
Custom Builds with a NDS receiver that we supply is running $775
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank you for the update.  These are very cool.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Not sure if Erie is aware of it,  but  just looking at the bolt, I see one problem with it.

It has feed lip.

this bolt can be converted to auto bolt very easily because of feed lip.

Before someone say 'But, AK bolts have feed lip'.  Yes, it does but AK bolts are not
blowback bolts.  

The above bolt is blowback.  With feedlip, all you have to do is to take the disconnector out.
In gas operated guns, taking the disconnector out will make your gun singleshot because of
camming action of the bolt.

But on a blowback with feedlip, it will fire full auto until you let the trigger go.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#30]
The above statement  is not correct and has been tested. The result is a bad case of hammer follow.  The hammer follows the bolt home and doesn't have enough force to detonate the cartridge. This operates on the same principal as the AR-15 blow-back system.

Please Don't make assumptions based on a picture and lack of understanding of the system. I  have spent considerable time testing and refining this system.  It is safe and works as a Semi Auto. The bolt is designed to NOT work in a Full Auto.

The above statement is the kind of statement that causes trouble where there is none.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The above statement  is not correct and has been tested. The result is a bad case of hammer follow.  The hammer follows the bolt home and doesn't have enough force to detonate the cartridge. This operates on the same principal as the AR-15 blow-back system.

Please Don't make assumptions based on a picture and lack of understanding of the system. I  have spent considerable time testing and refining this system.  It is safe and works as a Semi Auto. The bolt is designed to NOT work in a Full Auto.

The above statement is the kind of statement that causes trouble where there is none.

Ya right he has 1688 posts and you only have 34. He obviously knows more than you , Just joking that for clearing that up. m4whore
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#32]
But this is only my fourth account    I flipped the post counter on all of the other ones

This is the kinda stuff where someone says something stupid and my dog gets shot and I wake up with a M4 to the head.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is the kinda stuff where someone says something stupid and my dog gets shot and I wake up with a M4 to the head.   Thanks.

You have a dog, Jim? I just thought you had chickens!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Tag, and yes, theres all that surp x25 ammo waiting to get shot out of something other than CZ52's and Tak pistols......and shout out of hi capacity magazines at an expeditious rate ! You get these to work, Id pay 700 ish for one, easy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I actually have the bolt in my hand.  If you want me to, I will take a picture of the bolt in my hand with clear writing that says 'To MrJimbo at AR-15.com' and post it here.  My statement is not based on a picture and lack of understanding of the system.  

ETA:
It may not have enough power to detonate Bulgarian ammo with hard primers but will detonate new production Wolf with commercial primers.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have the bolt in my hand.  If you want me to, I will take a picture of the bolt in my hand with clear writing that says 'To MrJimbo at AR-15.com' and post it here.  My statement is not based on a picture and lack of understanding of the system.  

ETA:
It may not have enough power to detonate Bulgarian ammo with hard primers but will detonate new production Wolf with commercial primers.

I’m sure you know more than me about this topic so please don’t think I’m trying to discredit you in any way.

That being said; Jim at EOD is VERY knowledgeable about the AK, AR, SKS, Nagant… You get my point. He has single handedly taught me more about the AK platform than anyone, including myself, and I am a very autodidactic person.

He has done lots of work for me and has performed magic on conversion that had other knowledgeable AK enthusiast asking how it was done.

I can personally say that Jim will do the job until the customer is satisfied. He paid for the return shipping (both ways) and ate all cost to satisfy my finish issues on a conversion.

Now for some pics of the prototype for everyone’s viewing pleasure.

What’s my type III doing in there?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#37]
that is one sweet piece of machinery!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not sure if Erie is aware of it,  but  just looking at the bolt, I see one problem with it.

It has feed lip.

BATF has allowed feed lips on semi-autos.  My US made, factory semi-auto KP-44 has a feed lip.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has feed lip.

BATF has allowed feed lips on semi-autos.  My US made, factory semi-auto KP-44 has a feed lip.

Sure.  But it depends on how deep the bolt recess is.  I measured the Erie with PPS-43 and it's slightly deeper.
And you know PPS-43 feed lip is designed for full auto.  

Feedlip's primary function is to ensure the cartridge rim does not hit the firing pin (in open bolt) and cause
stove piping.  With hammer following the firing pin, slam fire is very possible with disconnetor taken out if there
is sufficient weight behind the firing pin.

As far as KP-44, WiseLite is doing it wrong and I think they are doing their customer
dis-service by not modifying their full auto bolt enough.  I have owned WiseLite's PPS-43 which is very similar to your
KP-44.

I have built AKs in 9mm and 7.62x25 (I rebarrel Remington 700 barrels to fit AK-47/74 trunnions for many of people
on the net in 7.62x25 as favor and trades)  If you are going to have feedlips, make it shallow.

Hopefully, Jim does not think me as an enemy since I have one of Erie bolt with me currently.  
Having said that, I wish Jim would explore further on this issue.

By the way, I also believe that the product that Erie sells can improve greatly if the design of the extractor
was changed.  The current extractor is 1911/UZI semi type extractor.  It's little smaller than UZI extractor.
I would like to see PPS-43 type extractor (like FNP type hand guns) where extractor is not the spring.
Latter type would be easier to disassemble and less prone to breakage since it is larger and it is not a
spring.

Also, the bolt seems little light for semi auto 7.62x25.  WiseLite discourages their customers from using
surplus in their PPS-43 since it no longer has forward momentum of a open bolt.  Erie's bolt is lighter
than PPS-43 bolt by comparison.  I fear a few thousands rounds of Bulgy or Romy through, you are
going to shear that soft rivets that holds the rear trunnion and receiver together (it has happend to me
couple of times).  You will know that the bolt/spring combo is not strong enough if the ejected 7.62x25
case has it's shoulder blown forward.

I would recommend to Erie to lengthen the spring guide parts (where gas piston used be) a
bit to add weight.

I don't think the bolt weight would be problem if their customers build 9x19 with the bolt.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#40]
If you are a customer and are not satisfied send the bolt back to me and I will refund your money.

I am available both through e-mail and I do return my calls I haven't heard from you. So why is it that you choose to rake my product  over the coals in a public forum?

I have designed this like it is for a reason. The deep bolt face allows the use of a standard ak74 firing pin as a direct replacement. The function of the feed lip at the bottom of the bolt is to push the cartridge into battery and acts as a shroud to protect and support the rear of the cartridge against excessive expansion. It has a deep bolt face so that the customer or builder can fit it and headspace the bolt to an existing 9mm or 7.62x25 barrel like pps43

The face of the bolt can be filed down but adding more is difficult. If you are concerned about the feed lip remove it.

The extractor is made of stainless steel and is designed to combat the corrosive effects of the 7.62x25mm ammunition. It is of a tried and true reliable design. The intent was to use a readily available extractor that the customer could replace with an off the shelf part. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here.  It is the same as a Colt 9mm AR and will interchange with colt pattern 9mm AR bolts.  Oh I forgot my Colt 9mm bolt also has a feed lip. HMMMMM

As for weight there is enough.  If you want more we can make anything you like but custom shop rates apply.
Oh I don't want anyone to be confused there is a weight in the front of the recoil housing on the EOD bolt. There always has been.
The bolt I have for the PPS43 bolt weighs 1.25 lbs
The EOD bolt I have here weighs in at 1.15lb.

These are the facts.

If anyone has any Concern CALL ME!  567-262-3601 Shop hours are on the website.

I
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]

mrjimbo, just to clarify:  Are you only selling bolts and doing conversions on existing rifles, or do you plan on selling whole rilfes?

Quoted:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/Suprshootr/erieordnancedepot009.jpg

I don't know why, but I find Russian SMG's very sexy.  

I can't find a picture of the PP-71 on the internet, but, IIRC, it's very similar to the PP-19-01 "Vityaz" submachine gun:

You give up better penetration going from a rifle to pistol caliber, but you have less recoil and muzzleblast.

I do love my Yugo M92, though:

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you are a customer and are not satisfied send the bolt back to me and I will refund your money.
Will build a 9x19 with it.  But not 7.62x25
Don't get me wrong.  I think you are building a pretty good product (but not perfect in what is intended for)I am available both through e-mail and I do return my calls I haven't heard from you. So why is it that you choose to rake my product  over the coals in a public forum?

Because it is a public forum.  And it's a tech discussion forum.  You don't own this site and you should have expected not everyone agrees with you?.  I suggest you become industry partner and have your own section to moderate it.

I have designed this like it is for a reason. The deep bolt face allows the use of a standard ak74 firing pin as a direct replacement. The function of the feed lip at the bottom of the bolt is to push the cartridge into battery and acts as a shroud to protect and support the rear of the cartridge against excessive expansion. It has a deep bolt face so that the customer or builder can fit it and headspace the bolt to an eildxisting 9mm or 7.62x25 barrel like pps43

Designed?  You mean you semi-copied Bizon?

The face of the bolt can be filed down but adding more is difficult. If you are concerned about the feed lip remove it.

Will do

The extractor is made of stainless steel and is designed to combat the corrosive effects of the 7.62x25mm ammunition. It is of a tried and true reliable design. The intent was to use a readily available extractor that the customer could replace with an off the shelf part. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here.  It is the same as a Colt 9mm AR and will interchange with colt pattern 9mm AR bolts.  Oh I forgot my Colt 9mm bolt also has a feed lip. HMMMMM

If another company does something quirky, that make it right for everyone else?  Springs break easier than solid steel.  As far as feedlips, I already explained twice.

As for weight there is enough.  If you want more we can make anything you like but custom shop rates apply.
Oh I don't want anyone to be confused there is a weight in the front of the recoil housing on the EOD bolt. There always has been.

I would like to suggest you add a video to your youtube account showing a case immediately after firing comparing with a live round.
If they are similar, I would feel safe.  If it blown forward, I think there is a risk of ruptured case when firing some hot surplus
ammo (especially the Czech ammo).

These are the facts.

I

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't get me wrong.  I think you are building a pretty good product (but not perfect in what is intended for)I am available both through e-mail and I do return my calls I haven't heard from you. So why is it that you choose to rake my product  over the coals in a public forum?

Because it is a public forum.  And it's a tech discussion forum.  You don't own this site and you should have expected not everyone agrees with you?.  I suggest you become industry partner and have your own section to moderate it.

I have designed this like it is for a reason. The deep bolt face allows the use of a standard ak74 firing pin as a direct replacement. The function of the feed lip at the bottom of the bolt is to push the cartridge into battery and acts as a shroud to protect and support the rear of the cartridge against excessive expansion. It has a deep bolt face so that the customer or builder can fit it and headspace the bolt to an eildxisting 9mm or 7.62x25 barrel like pps43

Will do

If another company does something quirky, that make it right for everyone else?  Springs break easier than solid steel.  As far as feedlips, I already explained twice.

I would like to suggest you add a video to your youtube account showing a case immediately after firing comparing with a live round.
If they are similar, I would feel safe.  If it blown forward, I think there is a risk of ruptured case when firing some hot surplus

These are the facts.

I

GO AWAY!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do

These are the facts.

I

GO AWAY!!

Sure, I am done.   Sorry to be a party pooper.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

mrjimbo, just to clarify:  Are you only selling bolts and doing conversions on existing rifles, or do you plan on selling whole rilfes?

Quoted:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/Suprshootr/erieordnancedepot009.jpg

I don't know why, but I find Russian SMG's very sexy.  

I can't find a picture of the PP-71 on the internet, but, IIRC, it's very similar to the PP-19-01 "Vityaz" submachine gun:

http://world.guns.ru/smg/pp19_1.jpg

You give up better penetration going from a rifle to pistol caliber, but you have less recoil and muzzleblast.

I do love my Yugo M92, though:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j33/C-4C/KrinkM92.jpg

I can’t wait until I get my krink. Hopefully, it will be a rare bird (in the states).
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top