Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked DRILLS AND QUALS THREAD (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/14/2006 2:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hawkeye]
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm ALL for that; it would be an extremely handy resource!
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
www.personaldefensetraining.com/images/meu_soc.pdf

Only have a minute - couldn't cut and paste it here - maybe someone else with time can.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 10:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Opey] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to seeing more drills...
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
"found" an HK MP5 Qualification course at HKPRO, but I can't seem to be able to post here.  If anyone wants to help me out, I can email it to them (its a word doc)

TIA
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just rememebr that  meusoc course is a copyrighted material.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 3:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Opey] [#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 3:44:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TonyF] [#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2006 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
US Army Rifle Marksmanship
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-22-9/index.html

US Army Combat Pistol Qualification Course
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-23-35/appa.htm

US Army Alternate Pistol Qualification Course
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-23-35/appb.htm

Sorry, but I don't know how to make a link hot
Link Posted: 9/8/2006 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Opey they made it easier then b4 but you can Still use the old way

1. Copy link

2. Open one of the Dark Gray boxes b3low this text part that is 1 left from the end (has a globe with a figure 8)

3. Enter text or dont

4. paste URL
Link Posted: 9/12/2006 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I would also love to have a space for drills to refer to.  If anyone has any to email to me directly that would be great! I could use them for pistol, MP5, and M4/ AR15's.
thanks, Mike

Link Posted: 9/20/2006 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By TonyF:

Originally Posted By RSF:
Just rememebr that  meusoc course is a copyrighted material.

By whom? I thought the Marine Corps (MEUSOC) developed that CoF? IIRC, anything a federal gov't entity publishes is in the public domain or am I mistaken?

ETA: Nevermind. I just noticed that Pat Rogers has a copyright attributed to it.

no sweat
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Opey] [#15]
Thought I would bring this back up, with two new links, and a drill I came across

Links Handgun Drills,
DOT Torture Marksmanship Drill

And this was written by SimplyDynamic

heres my basic drills to keep me up with the training is down.

I try to do 15-20minutes of dry practice a day or at least 3 times a week if im busy.

People always ask what the secret or tricks of the trade to speed and accuracy are... well I think most of us know by now that there are no tricks, its all mastering and hoaning the basic fundamentals. Shooters and instructors also get carried away with all the high speed shooting out there which is great but even the best masterclass shooters out there can never forget about the basics. there will always be high speed tactical shooting couses, compititions, combat, ect... but the real deal is what you do on your own, and if you dont, when the shit hits the fan one day you will hesitate at the molment of truth.

So I start with breaking down all the fundamentals...

Pistol

1: set up stnace, Modern Isolesles. Nice and tight I shoot on the range as if I were in an actual firefight to keep my combat mindset in the game and to mimic a stressful enviornment. I am tensed and flexed up the whole time to simulate what is going to happen to me in a real fight...adrenaline, hormones, loss of all dexterity ect...
Stay in this stance through out the whole dryfire, it sucks but its worth it, and its a good workout. you should be smoked even after 20mins of dry fire like this.
anyways...
-weight on the balls of the feet.
-slight comfortable bend in the knees
-bent forward at the waist
-shoulders rolled forward (pistol)
-set tension in the wrists and elbows ..not locked out but tight (pistol) elbows tucked in (rifle)

2: I break down the Draw. startingin the ready position I transistion to the pistol and break the bail (Safariland 6004, per your holster SOP) and aquire master grip and STOP.
***then I repeat this around 25-50 times. consentrating on minimizing the little movements and perfecting just this step.

3: Starting at the "3rd eye postion weapon in front of the chest (strong hand only) with my weak hand only about 10in away fro the gun. I bring the hands together to aquire the master grip on the gun and then STOP. (I use the Leatham/Enos grip with a modified CRUSH grip to simulate high stress shooting.) I do this little drill about 50 times since its the base of the following fundamentals. Consentrate on minimizing the little movements and perfecting just this step.

4: From there I continue to do the drill above but now put the next step in: punch out on target aquiring slight alingment/sight picture and STOP
I do this drill about 50 times on an actual target/ with T-shirt on for realistic purposes. Then I do it on a target with small Paisties to concentrate more on the sights and trigger pull which comes next. Consentrating on minimizing the little movements and perfecting just this step.

5: From the 3rd eye position do the drill above and then concentrate on isolating the trigger and squeezing, (utilizing the trigger on target theory)
since the only thing that is moving at this point is your trigger, think about using the pull to line up the sights (micro movemnets at this point). this is used in mostly bullseye and 25 yd pistol shooting but this really makes me think about trigger control. Dry fire this until you get sick of it.

6: Once you feel comfortable with these 5 steps, now put it all together, and keep it clean and concentrate on each fundamental but keeping it smooth and minimise all the little unessisary movments.

7: Strong hand only (all fundamentals)

8: Weak hand only (all fundamentals)

7: Once I'm through my basic funds practice I move into multiple target sight aquisition drill and moving drills responding left/right/back. Then shooting around corners under couches beds ect...

8: Then I go into speed reloads and tac-reloads while dry-firing on the targets.

9: Now I go into Malfunctions, type 1- type 4, I leave imeadiate and remedial action for the rifle. I do these malfunction drills master grip, strong only and weak only...this is something shooters and intructors neglect to do or teach.

RIFLE

-Same thing as the pistol really... minus the draw...
-I consentrate on sight aquisition speed and utilizing multiple targets.
-Transitions
-strong and weak
-malfunctions,...simulate firing then immeadiate action, then remeadial action. ***this drill is for targets over 50yrds only otherwise transition.

Here is some cheese for you I pulled out of a PP, but the pics display the Form and stance mentioned above:

When I hit the range I do all the above to warm up and then move into all the high speed practical shooting.
here is a Qual course I use to stay proficient on:

QUAL PISTOL QUALIFICATION

YARD LINE/ DRILL/ REPS/ .45 Cal/ TIME

25- Pair Standing / Pair Kneeling 1/ 4/ 6
15- Pair Standing / Pair Kneeling 1/ 4/ 5.5
10- Pair /Speed Reload / Pair 1/ 4/ 5
10 to 3- Pair /Speed Reload / Pair 1/ 4/ 5
10 to 3- Failure Drill 1/ 3/ 4.5
7- Pair Strong Hand Only 1/ 2/ 2
7- Pair Weak Hand, weak hand draw 1/ 2/ 5
7- Pair/ Speed Reload /
Minimum Target Exposure Shot 1/ 3/ 4

SCORE 24 TORSO, 2 BRAIN (52 Points Total), Re-Face Targets.

15- Pair on 1st Target /
Speed Reload / Pair on 2nd Target 1/ 4/ 5
10 to 3- Pair on 1st Target / Speed Reload /
Pair on 2nd Target 1/ 4/ 5.5
10 to 3- Pair on Both Targets /Speed Reload /
Minimum Target Exposure Shot on Each 1/ 6/ 6.5
7 to 3- Pair on Both Targets / Speed Reload /
Pair on Both Targets 1/ 8/ 6.5
7- Minimum Target Exposure Shot on each
target 1/ 2/ 4

SCORE 20 TORSO, 4 BRAIN (48 Points Total).

TOTAL 50

NOTES (1) All drills start from the low ready with the M-4.
(2) Tactical/Speed reload as necessary.
(3) Clear any type 1,2 or 3 malfunction on the move.
(4) If you have a Type 3 malfunction, continue to move until you
reach your point of domination. Clear the malfunction from a
knee but do not engage.
(5) Always know the condition of your weapon.
(6) If you run dry, you loose those points.
(7) Highest score possible is 100 points.
(8) Complete CQB / Assault gear will be worn at all times.
(9) Totals are per man.

Link Posted: 12/25/2006 7:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harv24] [#16]
www.handgunlaw.us/documents/HandgunDrills.pdf

Lots of good drills in here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#17]
BTT - Is there any chance of this being tacked?
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag ola!
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
No, the MEU(SOC) course is not (C) protected. That page was part of a booklet for a specific group, and the (C) was added to the entire booklet (mistakenly to those two pages) .
This course was developed by the Special Missions Brance at llMEF SOTG circa 2000.
I only use it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/1/2007 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#21]
My Fault, thank you for clearing that up Pat....
Link Posted: 2/7/2007 11:25:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hawkeye] [#22]
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 11:56:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FMD] [#25]
MidSouth Meltdown

Equipment:
1 Rifle (with sling) and one magazine.
1 Pistol (with holster) and enough magazines to feed the gun for 30 rounds.
30 rounds of rifle ammo.
30 rounds of pistol ammo.

Distance:
Anything shorter than 25 yards (5-15 Feet is typical).

Target:
2 Targets required; They may be as small as target pasters, or you can use two "zones" in a silhouette.

Goal:
Rifle to pistol transition muscle memory/reinforcement.

The Drill:

Begin by facing the target in "Sul".

1) Bring your rifle up, acquire a sight picture (remember your sights are ~2" higher than your bore), disengage your safety and fire ONE round.

2) Reengage your safety and let your rifle hang on its sling.

3) Draw your pistol, acquire a sight picture, disengage your safety (if applicable) and fire ONE round.  Note: For DA/SA pistols, this shot is DA.

4) Reengage your safety (decocking if that's how your gun came out) and reholster. Re secure any holster retention device(s) disengaged on the drawstroke.

Continue these four steps (changing pistol magazines when appropriate) until your rifle is empty.

Performance Evaluation:
If you performed the drill perfectly, you will have one rifle-caliber hole in one target, and one pistol-caliber hole in the other.  If this is the case, call Ripley's, buy a lotto ticket, and await the lightning strike.

Variations & Additions:
Add an additional magazine of rifle ammo and magazines of pistol ammo for a total of 120 rounds, 60 revolutions.
Add a sidestep to the drawstroke.
Add rotation (begin at 90/180/270 from the target) to each revolution.
Add an "asses, scan, tacload" to each revolution.
Fire the revolution reaction-side.
Fire the revolution one handed.
Fie the revolution one handed with the reaction-side.
"Contractor Pushups" (Tactical Response); Begin from the prone position for the rifle, stand to fire your pistol, and return to prone for the rifle.
Combine any or all variations above for a truly hellish experience.

Link Posted: 2/13/2007 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Anybody ever seen a Department of Defense test published? I THINK that's what we did at the end of a carbine course at Blackwater.
Department of State.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 12:16:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMD] [#27]
ElDiablo
a.ka The Devil's Drill
a.k.a The Eighteen Drill

As taught by Greg "Sully" Sullivan of The Defensive Edge

Equipment:
1 Rifle.
Three magazines each with six rounds.
1 shot timer.

Distance:
18 Yards.

Target:
A humanoid silhouette. 8" COM "Kill Zone".

Goal:
To increase performance under pressure, with a focus on speed, accuracy, position transitioning, and emergency reloads.

The Drill:

Begin by facing the target in the low-ready position with one magazine in the rifle.

From the buzzer/command to fire:

Aquire the target and fire six rounds standing.

Perform an emergency reload during your transition to a kneeling position.

Aquire the target and fire six rounds kneeling.

Perform an emergency reload during your transition to a prone position.

Aquire the target and fire six rounds prone.

Performance Evaluation:
If you performed the drill satisfactorily, you will have 18 holes within the "Kill Zone". An acceptable time to complete the firing rotation is 18 seconds.  If you take longer than 18 seconds or drop rounds outside the specified target area, you have failed.

Variations & Additions:
Begin at "Sul" or high-ready.
Have a "friend" add a dummy round or blank to each magazine to simulate type one malfunctions*.
Reduce the size of the Kill Zone.
Fire the revolution reaction-side.
Fire the revolution one handed.

*Note: Do not allow Tommytrauma to do this.  He will load each of your mags with at least four dummies/blanks. He is not your friend.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#28]
This is one BulletcatcheR came up with I've shot it twice and not only is it a good drill it's one hell of a work out!!

"Chinese meltdown drill."

Works on one handed shooting, IA, safety manipulation, pistol holstering and sling transitions, one hand pistol reloading, off hand drawing muzzle control.

Shooter stands at 3-5 yards from a set of four 3" dot targets. One dot for each weapon, each hand. ONLY HITS COUNT!

Shooter takes one shot with the carbine strong hand only, transitions to pistol strong hand only.
Shooter then takes the carbine weak hand only and shoots, transitons to pistol weak hand only.
Back to the carbine strong hand,
etc. etc. etc. till the carbine mag is empty.
To incorporate IA have a training buddy load your mags with -at least- 3 dummy rounds in a 28 round carbine magazine and one dummy round per 7 rounds of pistol ammunition (1 per 1911 mag, 2 per 'hi-cap' 9mm).
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BookHound] [#29]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Phase 1 of the MEU pistol drill requires a weak hand draw.  Do you reach behind yourself with the left hand?  If so, it is difficult with equipment & drop leg holster.
also concerned about safety as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2007 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/27/2007 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By war-wagon:
Phase 1 of the MEU pistol drill requires a weak hand draw.  Do you reach behind yourself with the left hand?  If so, it is difficult with equipment & drop leg holster.
also concerned about safety as well.

With a dropleg I look like a dog chasing his tail if I try to reach behind to draw.
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 2:55:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: photoman] [#33]
This is one we run from time to time at our practice sessions. Just a note the set up graphic shows the target at 30 yards because thats what we have been running it at the last few times. It may seem rather easy, but it will kick your ass.

Here are some of the toher drills posted in this thread. I hope this makes it a bit easier for folks to keep the drills handy for taking to the range. These are JPEG images. If you save them they should show up better. I laso have these in PDF if you want copies just email me and put drills in the subject. I'm going to put all of these into one PDF document along with any others I can get done up.

All info as to where a drill came from or where it was learned is taken out of the original post that contained the drill. Hope these are helpful.

Link Posted: 3/28/2007 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Excellent format Photoman......
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 5:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: photoman] [#35]

Originally Posted By Harv24:
Excellent format Photoman......

Thanks but I just followed FMDs format, and added graphics
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 8:30:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Opey] [#38]
The table can be found over at HKPRO, under, "The Submachine Guns"

"The best there is: MP5" section

HK INTERNATIONAL TRAINING DIVISION MP5 QUALIFICATION COURSE

Range Rounds Position    Fire      Reps Total     Time:
                                   Mode            Rounds

50m      2     Kneeling Semiauto   3      6        3.0 sec
 50m      2       Prone   Semiauto   2      4        3.0 sec
 25m      2     Standing Semiauto   3      6        2.0 sec
 25m      2     Kneeling Semiauto   2      4        2.0 sec
 25m      4     Standing Semi/
                       Reload Drill          1      4         8.0 sec
 15m      2     Standing Semiauto   3      6        1.5 sec
 10m      3     Standing Fullauto     2      6        1.5 sec  
   7m      4     Standing Fullauto     2      8        2.0 sec  
   5m      3     Standing Fullauto     2      6        1.5 sec

Total Rounds: 50  

START "LOW READY" POSITION/ PASSING SCORE = 80 2 PTS PER HIT.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/29/2007 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 12:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13gunbunny] [#44]
We ran a variation Diablo/Harv24 drill yesterday @ 7,10,15,20  yds with pistols....We had 3 targets and had 3 mags of 6. Emergency mag change on each target.
First mag was "prone over a bench, 2nd was standing and 3rd was kneeling. The initial drill started from the holster.

I think it is a good thing to throw in some different distances to help break the cadence you get into when shooting at one specific distance....Helps you learn how "fast" you can shoot at a given distance and still make good COM hits.

You could throw in some dummy rounds to make you assess and deal with given malfuncions.
7 yds was averaging 12 secs or so
20 was running 23 secs or so
Link Posted: 5/9/2008 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 4:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ColtRifle] [#46]
Place two targets (or more) about 7 yards away.  

Get some variety of colored stickon circles (Walmart has them)  You should have about 3 colors.  Take the colored circles and write numbers in them.  Don't number all the colors the same.  For example, you have blue, green, and red.  You might use 1,5,7 for blue, 2,4,6 for green, and 3, 7,8 for red.  Paste the colored circles on the target at different locations around the target.  Make it random.

Take two people and face them uprange.  Prior to each drill, give each shooter a color and number combo.  Don't give the same one to each shooter.  Upon your command, they turn toward the targets, draw their weapons, and give verbal commands to the targets.  At the same time, they are scanning the target looking for their number and color combo.  Sometimes both shooters will shoot.  Sometimes neither shooter will shoot.  Sometimes one will shoot while the other doesn't.  

The goal is to counteract the tendency to have sympathetic shoot response.  Also, the goal is to force the shooter to focus on the threat and scan the entire target looking for the shoot cues.  

It's a good drill but takes at least three people to do it as above.  It can be done with two people if one is on the line and the other is not shooting but is calling out the combinations.

Could be done with rifles but more geared to handguns.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Sounds all good and I'll have to download all of it to see what I can use.

Let me add a thing or two.

First of all, from time to time, I practice with my heavy, fur lined winter gloves on.

Why? Well, if you are doing a sweep in freezing temps, after 20 minutes without the gloves on, your hands will be useless for shooting.

That's for pistol; applying that to rifle has only been done in the simplest stages, without much success (I know, drop the lower portion of the trigger guard).

I pistol shoot well one handed or two handed, right, or left. But with the gloved on, I find I do need the two handed grip to get past the decock on the weak hand ........ or have to pull back the hammer one handed.

Curiously enough, btw, in non gloved shooting, it is my weak hand that shoots better. I'm unsure of the reason but I believe it is that since I only started shooting on the weak side in the last decade, it doesn't have all the stresses that the strong side has built up over 40 years.

Second item to add: as I said above, I do shoot, drill, one handed as well. Why? Well, as someone pointed out to me once, "What are you going to do when you are sliding down a gully and holding on to a bush?"
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Shot this one recently at a course.

Modified Navy Qual

50yds-5rds per mag-3mags

Time-25 seconds

5 Standing RELOAD

5 Kneeling RELOAD

5 Prone

Target is an 8-inch circle. Very very good drill as it combines 3 important shooting skills. Many people scoff at this drill and think its easy and not a challenge. Then they get their mindset f'd when they don't seperate the different skills and try and do them all at once.

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#49]
DoJ Reactive Shooting
Transitional Target III, B27 or IDPA work ok.

Basic Rifle - Open Sights

50 yd.     Standing, Strong Shoulder, 5 Roounds Emergency Reload
50 yd.     Kneeling, Strong Shoulder, 5 Rounds                                30 Seconds

50 yd.     Standing, Strong Side Barricade, 5 Rounds, ER
50 yd.     Kneeling, Strong Side Barricade, 5 Rounds                        30 Seconds

50 yd.     Prone, 5 Rounds, ER
50 yd.     Prone, 5 Rounds                                                            30 Seconds

Start Position - Magazine in weapon - High underarm position - Weapon charged upon facing target - Safety off

Advanced Rifle - Optical Sights

100-200 yd.   Prone, Bipod  5 Rds.                 20 Seconds
100-200 yd.   Prone, Bipod  5 Rds.                 20 Seconds

100-200 yd.   Kneeling-Front Support-No Bipod  5 Rds     20 Seconds
100-200 yd.   Kneeling-Front Support-No Bipod  5 Rds     20 Seconds

(Sandbags, hood/trunk of car, mailbox, etc)

100-200 yd.   Prone, Bipod Behind Cover  5 Rds.                 20 Seconds
100-200 yd.   Prone, Bipod Behind Cover  5 Rds.                 20 Seconds

Link Posted: 12/12/2008 8:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Opey] [#50]
FBI Pistol Qualification Course

This standard, revised April 1997, is used to qualify both agents and instructors.

Target:  FBI "Q"
Ammunition:  50 rounds service ammunition
Scoring:  Hits in or touching "bottle" count 2 points; misses and hits outside bottle count zero points
Qualification:  85% to qualify; 90% for instructors

STAGE I 18 ROUNDS

Starting Point:  25 yard line                        
Time Allotted:  75 seconds
Start with a fully loaded weapon. On command shooter draws and fires 6 rounds prone position, decocks, fires 3 rounds strong side kneeling barricade position, 6 rounds strong side standing barricade position, and 3 rounds weak side kneeling barricade position. Upon completing stage I, the shooter will conduct a magazine exchange and holster a loaded weapon.  

STAGE II 10 ROUNDS

Starting Point:  25 yard line                        
Time Allotted: 2 rounds in 6 seconds
4 strings of 2 rounds in 3 seconds each
Start at the 25 yard line. On command the shooter moves to the 15 yard line, draws and fires 2 rounds in 6 seconds, decocks, and returns to low ready. The shooter will fire 4 strings of 2 rounds in 3 seconds, decock and return to low ready after each string. Upon completing Stage II, the shooter holsters a loaded weapon [without reloading unless gun capacity is only 10 rds ––ed].  

STAGE III 12 ROUNDS

Starting Point: 15 yard line                        
Time Allotted: 15 seconds
Start at the 15 yard line. On command the shooter moves to the 7 yard line, draws and fires 12 rounds in 15 seconds, to include a reload. Upon completing stage III, the shooter holsters a loaded weapon. Shooter then arranges remaining 10 rounds to have 5 rounds in the weapon and 5 rounds in a spare magazine.  

STAGE IV 10 ROUNDS

Starting Point: 7 yard line                        
Time Allotted: 15 seconds
Start at the 7 yard line. On command the shooter moves to the 5 yard line, draws and fires 5 rounds with strong hand only, reloads, tranfers the weapon to weak hand and fires 5 rounds weak hand only. Upon completing stage IV, the shooter will unload and holster an empty weapon.  

Agents are required to requalify four times a year. 1,338 agents have shot a perfect score during qualification (the FBI's "possible club"). The FBI presently employs 11,271 agents required to shoot this course. [Information current as of December 1997]
Courtesy of Steve Silverman.

borrowed from
Handgun Drills, Standards, and Training Page
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Tacked DRILLS AND QUALS THREAD (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top