Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 4:25:57 PM EDT
I am shooting left with all different kinds of pistols, solution?

Jerking the trigger?

Not enough finger on the trigger?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Search google for "Pistol troubleshooting target". Helpful little aid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've found that too much finger around the trigger will cause me to pull the shot.  For me, finger tip on the trigger seems to work pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Multiple things can cause that.  I bet you are milking the grip as you are shooting.  Meaning you squeeze the grip with your strong hand as you fire the shot.  Having extra finger or not enough finger on the trigger will exasperate the problem.  You are jerking the trigger as a result of one thing or another.  Without seeing your actual grip and you shooting it is impossible to fix online.  Proper dryfire can help.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Pull the trigger with the pad of your finger, not the crease. I assume you're right handed. I had a similar issue. It was resolved by moving my trigger finger so the pad of the finger was on the trigger instead of the crease. Some dry fire at home helped as well with a small silhouette target on the wall 10 feet away. I also used a laser and could see where the pull was happening just as the hammer dropped. That problem is in my past now. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
yep....use the same part of your finger that you touch something with....the first pad

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
You are most likely jerking the trigger.  Being it is with multiple guns your trigger finger placement may not be the culprit.  The fix is obtaining a correct grip (will reduce the problem slightly) and dryfire.  At the range use ball and dummy drills so you will be able to see for yourself what is going on.  There are proper techniques for these drills so I would suggest a basic quality pistol class with a good trainer.  You may not want to spend several hundred dollars but I can assure you that it will save you time and money.  More importantly you will be less aggravated and enjoy your guns more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've found that too much finger around the trigger will cause me to pull the shot.  For me, finger tip on the trigger seems to work pretty well.
View Quote

Whenever I put on left of where it should be, I stop and see that I am getting too much finger on the trigger.  Took me awhile to figure out why I was almost always slightly left.  Now to break the habit is another issue.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top