Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:54:51 AM EDT
So being the stubborn bull headed guy that I am.....    It took me a long time to part with the money to buy The CMP DVD video seris MIND OVER MATTER.    

Where else can you get coaching and tips from the Army Rifle Team besides the small arms firing school at Perry?

May I recommend anyone interested in shooting a service rifle for competition or fun, spend a few bucks and buy this video series.   Great tips and tricks and techniques.   + You can keep on reviewing it.  

I believe you can just call the CMP and order.  

Value far exceeded the price.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So being the stubborn bull headed guy that I am.....    It took me a long time to part with the money to buy The CMP DVD video seris MIND OVER MATTER.    

Where else can you get coaching and tips from the Army Rifle Team besides the small arms firing school at Perry?

May I recommend anyone interested in shooting a service rifle for competition or fun, spend a few bucks and buy this video series.   Great tips and tricks and techniques.   + You can keep on reviewing it.  

I believe you can just call the CMP and order.  

Value far exceeded the price.

Thanks for the tip!
New to the sport and I am also going to have my Boys 10 and 8 get into it so any good info out there I am game!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
An even better deal a while back,, the VSH tapes for $2.99.
I'm right at the virge of M/HM, alternating, and I still pick up tips from the tapes every time I watch them.
'Borg
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
An even better deal a while back,, the VSH tapes for $2.99.
I'm right at the virge of M/HM, alternating, and I still pick up tips from the tapes every time I watch them.
'Borg

That goes for me too and I have been promoting this DVD for months.
It is worth the money no matter what level of shooting you are at. Buy it today!

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for the "Mind Over Matter"  CMP DVD's

Another very informative DVD is Jim Hill's "Service Rifle Competition Basics"

Now if I could soak up all this knowedge and put it all together.

Mince
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
How much do they cost?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much do they cost?

$34.95

Before the lucky ones come in and tell about getting the VHS version for $2.99

The BetaMax was $.25

Link to CMP

Go to the estore and look under bookstore.   It's the 3 DVD set of HP instruction.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mince

+1 on this. It's well worth buying and the "Mind Over Matter" sounds good also. I'll have to check that one out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mince

+1 on this. It's well worth buying and the "Mind Over Matter" sounds good also. I'll have to check that one out.

"Mind Over Matter" (both rifle and pistol) is 'mo betta than Jim Hill, truth be known.  
For about $12 new, much less used on Amazon, get a copy of the "Pistol Shooter's Treasury" by Gil Hebard.  Yes it is pistol, but much applies to rifle as well.

As they say in the DCM DVD    "All shooting is the same."  yupper, it is.
have fun.
billy

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#9]

"Mind Over Matter" (both rifle and pistol) is 'mo betta than Jim Hill, truth be known.  
For about $12 new, much less used on Amazon, get a copy of the "Pistol Shooter's Treasury" by Gil Hebard.  Yes it is pistol, but much applies to rifle as well.

As they say in the DCM DVD    "All shooting is the same."  yupper, it is.
have fun.
billy

I agree billy.  There is still many good "krunnels" (keyword) of information in Hill's DVD that aren't in "M-O-M".  The twist in the upper body to tighten up the upper ligaments during OH was worth the DVD to me.

Mince
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top