Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 4:28:15 PM EDT
S-1235, Establishes a 10 day waiting period for the purchase of any firearm, moved to Rules and advanced to 3rd Reading.  No companion.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
So for people like us, who already own MANY guns, what is the point?

Once we pass the NICS check, why wait any longer especially if I already own guns and have a pistol permit?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once we pass the NICS check, why wait any longer especially if I already own guns and have a pistol permit?
View Quote
So we can be more like California and do everything possible to discourage citizens from exercising their 2nd Amendment rights
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Reddit said this was voted on/passed?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Passed by the Senate yeah..no surprise. They hate gun owners.

No assembly companion yet...

Is this just firearms / Handguns?

Or all guns?

Eta...it's just for handguns.

So even if I pass the NICS...they want me to wait 10 days so the feds can have time to do an investigation? What more do the feds do after the NICS check?

Nothing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The Senate passed a bunch of gun control bills.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The six month wait for the permit wasn't long enough?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The mandatory safety training bill still says a million+ permit holders have to take the 7 hours, take a test at the sheriffs office, and repeat it every two years.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The mandatory safety training bill still says a million+ permit holders have to take the 7 hours, take a test at the sheriffs office, and repeat it every two years.
View Quote
And the course will be offered once a year and cost $5,000, require insurance and be limited to 25 seats, probably
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They better double our staff and build us a new training facility for all of this ongoing training
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top