Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Somehow I don't think that's a huge problem.
Besides, after the criminal justice reforms last year, people with warrants are catch and release.
If they aren't willing to put them in jail once identified as having warrants, don't waste our time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much. The justice system is a joke at best,
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The whole "WE MUST DO SOMETHING!!!1111oneone" syndrome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to find a way to spin this as a move against blacks and other minorities...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sheriffs don't want anyone in jail anyway. I bet there will be a ton of people with warrants that are open for ages.
View Quote

You have to show good faith in periodically trying to execute the warrant, or it gets tossed
I don't think that elected Sheriff's would want that to become a campaign issue to help their opponents
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Of course the state isn't picking up inmates if they were Il douche and his whole gaggle would be..  Oh wait a minute... hes the king that's right no jail for him or his gaggle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They yanked tons of warrants in the spring and judges openly say they're not issuing warrants because they're trying to keep the jail population down. The state isn't picking up inmates either.
View Quote

The process they have to go through before they can issue warrants was, I believe, intentionally made difficult by the NYC politicians who kneel at the feet of the criminal element
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pretty much. The justice legal system is a joke at best,
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top