Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2017 7:19:17 PM EDT
When you walked in the dome, on the left hand side about three rows back, there was a dealer who had an old single action S&W revolver in one of their cases. Does anybody happen to know who it was and if they still have it or if it sold? I didn't have the money with me, only brought cash in and just enough to buy what I was looking for. I was there Sat morning early so it probably sold.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see it, I was looking for a Beretta 682 skeet with a Briley tube set. Still looking for one. Not a bad show.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
You might call Jim at Avon Gun as he's the Show manager and his tables were on the first row, about three to the Left as you come in.

Of the vendors I spoke with, the consensus was it sucked balls....We brought ~ 75 new/used Long guns and ~90 handguns: Only sold six handguns and two long guns and one of them was a $100. single-shot shotgun.    This was the last time we'll do the Rochester Gun Show.  Get used to shopping on-line and paying Shipping and transfer fees because that's where its headed....sad, I've been setting up at Shows in NYS for 20 years and attending my whole life.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might call Jim at Avon Gun as he's the Show manager and his tables were on the first row, about three to the Left as you come in.

Of the vendors I spoke with, the consensus was it sucked balls....We brought ~ 75 new/used Long guns and ~90 handguns: Only sold six handguns and two long guns and one of them was a $100. single-shot shotgun.    This was the last time we'll do the Rochester Gun Show.  Get used to shopping on-line and paying Shipping and transfer fees because that's where its headed....sad, I've been setting up at Shows in NYS for 20 years and attending my whole life.  
View Quote
FWIW, I think weather has a lot to do with it.   Saturday morning wasn't that great, but after that it was quite nice.   Frankly, when it's nice I don't go to gun shows.  I think a lot of others are of the same mindset.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

FWIW, I think weather has a lot to do with it.   Saturday morning wasn't that great, but after that it was quite nice.   Frankly, when it's nice I don't go to gun shows.  I think a lot of others are of the same mindset.
View Quote
I thought the same thing: two weeks ago the Syracuse Show suffered an exceptionally "nice" weekend, and given that we've had such a wet Summer, (sans the last month) High water levels, and the fact that the Fall Shows are always slower, I still gave it a shot.....last show in May there was just as bad. Sorry, but it cost me $200. for the weekend to do the Show, and factoring the overtime I could have had and the stuff I need to do around the house, really make for a sore ass; this from a Gun Show  apologist.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn. Next show I probably will have enough gun money for what's left of an AR that we can buy in NY. First I miss out on pre-unSAFE because I decided to get an M1 before an AR, now who knows what will be legal by the next show.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn. Next show I probably will have enough gun money for what's left of an AR that we can buy in NY. First I miss out on pre-unSAFE because I decided to get an M1 before an AR, now who knows what will be legal by the next show.
View Quote
I bet you wont be able to buy much of anything within a year
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm..

I didn't know there was a gun show this past weekend.  Usually there is a thread started here before the gun show.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bet you wont be able to buy much of anything within a year
View Quote
I was very tempted to go get the plastic for an AR that included the Mean Arms loader.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmm..

I didn't know there was a gun show this past weekend.  Usually there is a thread started here before the gun show.
View Quote
+1

DANGIT!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually had good luck for once and scored 500 rounds of Top Brass 300BLK brass and an excellent condition Magnum Research .22 Mag semi-auto rifle with the Hogue stock, graphite barrel, 2 mags and scope rings included.
Been looking for a .22 Mag semi-auto for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top