Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2013 6:15:56 AM EDT
I know there have been many small anti-SAFE rallies in Albany and throughout the state. But they were smaller, on a short notice and mainly on weekdays

Are we ever going to do a main big event like we did last spring? Preferrably on a Saturday this time when more people will be able to attend. With at least a 3-week notice so people can get the word out and organize. I think a huge show of force, of tens of thousands of people, will at least make Andy and the crew shit their pants a little and send another clear message that New York will not comply.

Let's get this party gong!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Details need to be hammered out WELL in advance.  I have no doubt Andy will intimidate the powers that be to stall and deny the permit at the last minute.  If we do have another rally, I'll be there... with war paint.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Problem is, the winter is approaching. It will be difficult to get the turnout we need if the temperatures at at -10. We have to hurry.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Problem is, the winter is approaching. It will be difficult to get the turnout we need if the temperatures at at -10. We have to hurry.
View Quote

It was pretty damn cold in February and we had a decent turnout on a weekday with little notice.  I don't think the cold will stop the masses.  Snow and ice, maybe, because most travel far, but not cold.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Saturday rallies are pointless.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its not pointless when the media covers it and shows that were here and were still pissed.

I'm in if there's another one
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything is going to be pointless until enough bodies show up to shut the Capital down by filling the corridors, stairwells, and lobbies. Major acts of civil disobedience putting the police in the position of arresting or being shown impotent. Remember OWS in Albany? Problem is if we get arrested for trespassing we don't have to be convicted of shit, the judge can pull your permit. In other words we worked hard, built lives that liberals envy and want to punish us for, and we have a lot to lose and very little to gain in any venue other than the courts right now.

If there is a rally I'll do my best to be there. It would be nice if the court would get off its ass and rule one way or another so people can prepare. If we don't get the injunction I'll probably be busy that weekend moving shit into storage across the border. I'm not neutering shit, and I'm not selling for pennies on the dollar after I paid inflated prices to comply with the last bullshit law.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Its not pointless when the media covers it and shows that were here and were still pissed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure. The media might cover it. But the Sunday newspapers are all laid out on Friday, so any coverage in print will be buried inside. TV media is on barebones staffing on the weekends and will likely not send their live trucks. But most importantly, Cuomo and the legislators will be all safe and sound back home and won't be around to hear our thundering chants. Neither will there be any of the tens of thousands of downtown workers will will take pictures of the rally from 20th floor windows and post them on FB, reaching people we could never hope to reach. What will happen with a Saturday rally will be three hours of speeches by politicians who should have prevented the SAFE Act in the first place. And the TV cameras will get footage of the guy waving the Confederate flag who looks like he is in Duck Dynasty.

No. We have to be smarter than that. We need to get people to show up while the legislature is in session and we need to shout them all down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everything is going to be pointless until enough bodies show up to shut the Capital down by filling the corridors, stairwells, and lobbies. Major acts of civil disobedience putting the police in the position of arresting or being shown impotent. Remember OWS in Albany? Problem is if we get arrested for trespassing we don't have to be convicted of shit, the judge can pull your permit. In other words we worked hard, built lives that liberals envy and want to punish us for, and we have a lot to lose and very little to gain in any venue other than the courts right now.

If there is a rally I'll do my best to be there. It would be nice if the court would get off its ass and rule one way or another so people can prepare. If we don't get the injunction I'll probably be busy that weekend moving shit into storage across the border. I'm not neutering shit, and I'm not selling for pennies on the dollar after I paid inflated prices to comply with the last bullshit law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen Brother!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd  be  happy  to  share  my  lifeboat  w/  you  guys . There  are  a  few  in  here  that  don't  even  know  how  to  have  a  decent  boating  accident .
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That deserves repeating.  This is what I've always said-gun owners are some of the MOST law abiding and upstanding citizens out there as a whole.  For whatever reasons but I like to think it is partly do to the responsibility that comes with owning a gun.   Since we are willing to obey laws, even completely pointless ones like the import parts decision  % of 922r can you really expect gun owners to make the sensationalist actions necessary to create the coverage we need?  Indeed it will be spun against us anyway while the disgusting actions of OWS were glossed over for the most part.

They know this and that makes us their favorite whipping boy.  The only way that will change is when the collusion between the monopolistic main stream media and the liberals is destroyed.  That isn't happening any time soon- it is just now starting to fray around the edges.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#11]
An eye-opening level of attendance, and real news coverage -- not a 10 second video clip on YNN, or channel 587 out of some guy's basement in Schenectady. How does one get real news organizations at an event? Serious question.

Might be nice if forthcoming rallies were a little more angry and a little less kumbaya/feelgood fests. I've seen too much smiling/laughing/joking/knee-slapping at past rallies. I think the time for pitchforks and torches (figuratively) came a long time ago. We stood there listening to and chuckling at jovial radio personalities and failed politicians while we should have been pushing the envelope and getting real attention. What are the possible ramifications if the crowd were to break from the park and take to the city streets en masse, without permission? What kind of risks are this issue worth?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
An eye-opening level of attendance, and real news coverage -- not a 10 second video clip on YNN, or channel 587 out of some guy's basement in Schenectady. How does one get real news organizations at an event? Serious question.

Might be nice if forthcoming rallies were a little more angry and a little less kumbaya/feelgood fests. I've seen too much smiling/laughing/joking/knee-slapping at past rallies. I think the time for pitchforks and torches (figuratively) came a long time ago. We stood there listening to and chuckling at jovial radio personalities and failed politicians while we should have been pushing the envelope and getting real attention. What are the possible ramifications if the crowd were to break from the park and take to the city streets en masse, without permission? What kind of risks are this issue worth?
View Quote

A good question. What would Albany police and state troopers do if 5,000 men and women stood in front of the capital while the legislature was in session and loaded an eighth round into AR mags?

You would think that would certainly get national coverage. 5,000 people breaking the law right in front of their faces. And damn, wouldn't you know it? No children were killed when those eighth rounds went into those mags.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm, torches and pitchforks you say? I doubt there's a law against carrying those in public. Maybe we should show up with torches and pitchforks (literally). 10-20,000 torches and pitchforks will surely get attention.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#14]
You won't need torches and pitchforks if you actually GET 20,000 people there.  So far we haven't done that. (right?)

A publicity ploy like the nuts sent to CBS when they cancelled Jericho wouldn't hurt though.   40,000#s of nuts...
http://www.nuts.com/nutsforjericho

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#15]
We had about 12,000 people in February.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#16]
...which the collaborationist press summarily dismissed as "a few thousand".
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...which the collaborationist press summarily dismissed as "a few thousand".
View Quote

That's why you bring your own photographers and take crowd shots at peak attendance.  Maybe even charter a helicopter for aerial photos.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually, even the Daily News said it was one of the largest rallies in Albany ever.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I say we do it the day registration into "effect." I put effect in quotations because I know nobody is going to comply.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
[ I'm not neutering shit, and I'm not selling for pennies on the dollar after I paid inflated prices to comply with the last bullshit law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[ I'm not neutering shit, and I'm not selling for pennies on the dollar after I paid inflated prices to comply with the last bullshit law.

This

Quoted:
I say we do it the day registration into "effect." I put effect in quotations because I know nobody is going to comply.

There's registration of something?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Occupy the range" might be a better use of our resources that day.  Bring tar and feathers.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#22]
registration is in April....
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#23]
The ammo requirements are going in effect on 1/15/2014. Without ammo everything else is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Something big -- I mean MASSIVELY EFFING BIG in April is in order. Coordinated around the date of registration could be a vehicle for many different messages, and peoples' resolve and defiance will be at a peak right about then, especially if the ammo thing wakes some idiots the hell up. Plenty of time to get it planned and to get the word out to every gun owner in the state. Seems like a lot of these rallies are never heard of until a couple weeks before the date. You need to start a snowball rolling down the hill way in advance, and to keep the momentum going so everyone is champing at the bit to go.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The ammo requirements are going in effect on 1/15/2014. Without ammo everything else is irrelevant.
View Quote

ARFCOM ammo convoy?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's coming sometime in the first week or two of November when the "assistance" money is cut.
Get your shit in order; get the marshmallows and camp chairs out 'cuz things ARE going to get interesting!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep.  we could throw our high capacity assault rifles at stuff?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's probably why we had to get rid of the bayonet lugs, wouldn't want anyone getting hit by a flying, unloaded, bayonet'd AW....

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ARFCOM ammo convoy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARFCOM ammo convoy?

We shouldn't have to.

FUAC
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You won't need torches and pitchforks if you actually GET 20,000 people there.  So far we haven't done that. (right?)

A publicity ploy like the nuts sent to CBS when they cancelled Jericho wouldn't hurt though.   40,000#s of nuts...

View Quote

I've been thinking of something like the 'nuts' thing for a long time. What if everybody sent Andy an old gun magazine (a periodical, not an ammo feeding device) and a note attached saying these are the only gun magazines he'll be getting from us? Imagine a deluge of thousands upon thousands of last June's 'Guns and Ammo' dumped in the Capitol mail room. If coordinated and timed for maximum effect, that in itself could be newsworthy.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I was thinking of sending the Republicrats who stabbed us in the back some brass balls since they obviously didn't have any.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was thinking of sending the Republicrats who stabbed us in the back some brass balls since they obviously didn't have any.
View Quote

Their not worth the scrap weight of the brass
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Until these asshole's start getting voted out, en masse, they could care less about rallies.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Brass nuts would be cheaper anyway. McMaster Carr here I come!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Until these asshole's start getting voted out, en masse, they could care less about rallies.
View Quote

Well 2014 IS an election year and that has to weigh upon their consciences to at least a small degree.  It is our first REAL chance to get even.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

But turn out on weekdays is iffy
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've been thinking of something like the 'nuts' thing for a long time. What if everybody sent Andy an old gun magazine (a periodical, not an ammo feeding device) and a note attached saying these are the only gun magazines he'll be getting from us? Imagine a deluge of thousands upon thousands of last June's 'Guns and Ammo' dumped in the Capitol mail room. If coordinated and timed for maximum effect, that in itself could be newsworthy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would totally do this.  Is there any way to send ideas like this to NYSRPA, NRA, etc?  It could even be something sponsored and sent out by ARFCOM.  They have the capabilities to do it.  Maybe setup a page to print address labels to the bastard politicians that passed this law.  It would really be awesome to get gun owners across the country to send out piles of their old "mags" to politicians in NY and even other states instituting bans.  Hell I could probably get together 500 old magazines just from my family alone.  They don't have to be firearm related.  I'm not sure what it costs to mail magazines or the best way to send them but this idea has some serious potential.

Another idea is to fill a dump truck (or 10) with mags and drop them on Prince Andy's doorstep.  Or at the very least bring bundles of magazines with you to the next rally and place them at his office door (since I'm sure he wont be there that day).
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I explain why in my other post.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I would totally do this.  Is there any way to send ideas like this to NYSRPA, NRA, etc?  It could even be something sponsored and sent out by ARFCOM.  They have the capabilities to do it.  Maybe setup a page to print address labels to the bastard politicians that passed this law.  It would really be awesome to get gun owners across the country to send out piles of their old "mags" to politicians in NY and even other states instituting bans.  Hell I could probably get together 500 old magazines just from my family alone.  They don't have to be firearm related.  I'm not sure what it costs to mail magazines or the best way to send them but this idea has some serious potential.

Another idea is to fill a dump truck (or 10) with mags and drop them on Prince Andy's doorstep.  Or at the very least bring bundles of magazines with you to the next rally and place them at his office door (since I'm sure he wont be there that day).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is an awesome idea! Someone with some connections should seriously put this plan into motion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Instead of rallying against the SAFE Act, can we get a few thousand people to hold signs implying that certain politicians touch little boys? The media would cover that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#41]
[b]Originally Posted By ammo requirements are going in effect on 1/15/2014. Without ammo everything else is irrelevant.
View Quote

I've been yelling about this part of the law since it started. Its by far, the most restrictive and oppressive provision in tge unsafe act. Online sales are going to be dead. Lgs will have a monopoly on ammo sales and even if you do buy ammo in this shit state you will be submitting to a total gun registry that you will be on indefinitely. And be careful not to buy "too much" as you may be subject to a state police investigation. How much is too much, your guess is as good as mine.

I'd like to see an armed (peaceful) rally if it could be done legally.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunatly you are correct.  Without access to cheap affordable bulk ammo recreational shooting will soon disappear from NY.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Unfortunatly you are correct.  Without access to cheap affordable bulk ammo recreational shooting will soon disappear from NY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is EXACTLY what those scumbags in albany wanted... we need to vote those bastards out!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I already miss the days when everyone was this angry -- and I'm looking forward to being back in Albany.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I already miss the days when everyone was this angry -- and I'm looking forward to being back in Albany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx2V4nqiE30

View Quote

we will rally again, it needs to be when they are in session which starts in january, and we need to do it on a week day when these bastards are there.  we have time to get a well organized rally going and we need to make it happen!  we need to remind them that we are not going away!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is an awesome idea! Someone with some connections should seriously put this plan into motion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd definitely love to be in on this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The politicians would simply call the news agencies and request cameras so they could be photographed or video taped while they crushed them all with a steam roller. The headline would read "Due to high compliance of the magazine ban, MORE GUN CONTROL IS BEING PROPOSED".
Top Top