Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:43:57 AM EDT
F Obama!  and all the arfcom pundits who quibbled on leaving the liberal R before she bowed out ran out of the room screaming like a fat girl with the last porkchop in a room of starving dogs.

I voted for the arfcom line candidate aka the conservative.

Conservative Party candidate Hoffman.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I voted, but don't live in the 23rd Congressional District
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The polls don't close until 9:00 pm.  Remember "Vote early –– and often" –– Richard J. Daley

Dead guys are welcome too.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I voted too, but I'm not in the 23rd.

I did get to use an electronic ballot for the first time.  I kinda miss the old machines.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Me too.  

I took my time filling it out and reading it 3 times.  The machines were faster.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Me too.  

I took my time filling it out and reading it 3 times.  The machines were faster.

It took a couple minutes for the concept of shading in the boxes, but I've had lots of experience "filling boxes" so it was a cinch.  
I was number 500 in Adams.
As for fraud: ie dead or, repeat voters: ain't happening here.
Good local web site
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
As you know many of us around the country have been watching this race closely. While still early, it's not looking good for the Conservative candidate. Any ideas why?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

and yes I voted  - in New Jersey
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As you know many of us around the country have been watching this race closely. While still early, it's not looking good for the Conservative candidate. Any ideas why?

Mostly because this is NY.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be doing that today, and WTF happened to the Adirondacks. I worked there in 90-94 and I never would have expected a dem to be close. Has there been that much encroachment from NYC?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:23:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I ain't saying nuthin'.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#12]
God damn,  I wonder if stupid really is unfixable.  

With the national support and attention for the conservative candidate I was thinking there would be a bump with the voters and the numbers would be reversed.  

I'm really beginning to hate D's.  I mean really hate them.  Yesterday I worked a call and the landowner was telling me that we'd all be better off with Hillary as a president.  In a sick disgusting way, I have to agree that she would be the lessor of two really disgusting evils.  Our republicans in Albany were no help this time around.  Too little too late, overlooking too much based on history, family connections, and favors.

I'm really tired of it all.  I hope this state goes into a seriously deep depression and all the stupid bastards are out of work but still have even higher taxes to pay.

OK, I'm being ignorant but I'm venting.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Somebody save me some land in Virginia.

Sic semper tyrannis!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

With the national support and attention for the conservative candidate I was thinking there would be a bump with the voters and the numbers would be reversed.  

I'm really beginning to hate D's.  I mean really hate them.  Yesterday I worked a call and the landowner was telling me that we'd all be better off with Hillary as a president.  In a sick disgusting way, I have to agree that she would be the lessor of two really disgusting evils.  Our republicans in Albany were no help this time around.  Too little too late, overlooking too much based on history, family connections, and favors.

I'm really tired of it all.  I hope this state goes into a seriously deep depression and all the stupid bastards are out of work but still have even higher taxes to pay.

Albert Einstein:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

We may have taken a loss this round, but the fight is still ON!
Had the dumb-asses that voted the party line paid attention and voted for Hoffman instead of Dede things would have been much diffrent.
Her defection to the Democrats stung, but the truth set us free.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Albert Einstein:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

We may have taken a loss this round, but the fight is still ON!
Had the dumb-asses that voted the party line paid attention and voted for Hoffman instead of Dede things would have been much diffrent.
Her defection to the Democrats stung, but the truth set us free.

We lost this round, but this election will occur in exactly one year from now as this is just a special election to replace the 23rd US Rep that was appointed by Obama to be Secretary of the Army. Hoffman will get another chance for the real election next year, heck, his campaigning can still go on despite this temporary setback...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
perfect quote Glenn!

LB, thanks for the good point.  Perhaps Hoffman with some more time and some support from the Republican and Conservatives can pull it out.

This whole scozzafava affair is a real peach.  Again good riddence to bad rubbish.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#17]
We should also be turning our attention to other upstate CDs that can be won by friendlies. The 20th and 24th come to mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top