Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 5:37:01 AM EDT
When you think of fighting for your second amendment rights what's the first thing that pops into your head?  That's right, haircuts.

How many times have you gone for a haircut only to be seated next to Hillary Clinton and have to listen to her anti-NRA rhetoric.  (she gets her haircut and a shave at a male barber shop.)

There is a solution.  There is a place on 9th Avenue and about 45th street.  It's on the East side of the street and it's near Rachel's and Casanova pizza.  It's run by three friendly immigrant gentleman.  When you walk in, you step out of the liberal world of Manhattan elite and into a small conservative sanctuary.  They have NRA poster's on the wall and a huge assortment of silly political comics depicting our friends Slick Willy and her husband, algore, and John Kerry holding hands with Jane Fonda just to name a few.

You sit down and wait your turn and can read Guns & Ammo while you wait.  During your haircut they take hot shaving foam and put it around your ears and neck and use a strait razor to touch you up and make a near-perfect haircut perfect.  All for 10 bucks.  You can still find a good deal in Manhattan, you just gotta know where to look.

You can also get an old fashion shave.  What a nice treat on a Saturday morning.  Here in Minnesota where I live now, they've outlawed open razor shaves because one guy got an infection back in the 70's.  They couldn't outlaw the AR-15 so they went after the open razor.  Now you know why Hillary never comes to Minnesota.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a similar place on 14th street, just west of 8th Ave called El Grove Barber Shop. The guy that owns it, Miguel, is from Spain, and has been cutting hair for 25 years or so. They also have gun magazines to read ,as well as the naughty kind on the top shelf of the magazine rack. No posters making fun of the Clintons, but they do the hot lather shave thing with a straight razor (a new blade is used for every customer). The price is a whoping $12. Its good when you can find these little pieces of old New York.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to get my hair cut there when I was going to union school. I still stop by when I'm in the area. Cool place for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top