Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 7:05:27 AM EDT
Which ones do you own?

You like them, dislike them?

Low profile?

I know BTH and Lion Dog has them and they like them.  Which models do you have?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Tactical 6S.   They are good.  they dont offer really great noise reduction,  but you can carry on normal conversations while people are shooting.    The batterys die quickly becuase i always forget to turn them off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I use Tactical 6S.   They are good.  they dont offer really great noise reduction,  but you can carry on normal conversations while people are shooting.    The batterys die quickly becuase i always forget to turn them off.

Yep, 19db noise reduction, but a great muff. My first pair, bought in 2004 and used in ALL weather conditions has one side with an electronics failure. I'm planning on looking into getting it repaired. I bought a second set at Midway for $65 last month.

I'd say at least a half dozen of us who shoot together use the Tac6.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Which ones do you own?

Low profile?

MAP has 'em,  maybe Antonio(?) - never heard any compliants from them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Which ones do you own?

Low profile?

MAP has 'em,  maybe Antonio(?) - never heard any compliants from them.

Yea, I know I forgot to ask you when we spoke today.

It's the Tac 6's?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tac-6S and a ComTac.  Both models have worked flawlessly for me.  I definitely like the compact size of the Tac-6S but I've forgotten to shut it off in the past.  I've seen some good sale prices on these lately and I would definitely buy another one.  The ComTac is a bit larger but provides better noise reduction and has an automatic shut off feature to save battery power.  I prefer these for indoor shooting because of the improved noise reduction.  You really can't go wrong with either model.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a Tac-6S and a ComTac.  Both models have worked flawlessly for me.  I definitely like the compact size of the Tac-6S but I've forgotten to shut it off in the past.  I've seen some good sale prices on these lately and I would definitely buy another one.  The ComTac is a bit larger but provides better noise reduction and has an automatic shut off feature to save battery power.  I prefer these for indoor shooting because of the improved noise reduction.  You really can't go wrong with either model.

Antonio,

Which one is better for rifle?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Com Tac's here and absolutely love them!   Best hearing protection I've ever owned.............
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]

I've been using the Tactical 6S behind the ear model for the last two months and I love em.

Not the best noise reduction, but ample indoors and out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Tactical 6S here. Good all around range use, but gets in the way in rifle use. Been thinking about in- the-ear electronic sound suppression.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Radians electronic muffs. I paid about $60 for them at Ramsey Outdoor. Noise reduction is fine and the mics are great.

After I saw Lion Dog's Tacs, I wanted a pair, but I found the Radians to be just as good for half the price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Antonio,

I've used both models of Peltors with an AR and I can't seem to recall experiencing any issues with either one contacting the stock.  They are both very good for outdoor shooting.  The Tac-6S is fine for outdoor use but I wished for a bit more noise attenuation when shooting at an indoor range, especially if someone is shooting a 12 gauge.  I got a killer deal on the ComTac (thanks to our buddy MAP) but I was very happy with the Tac-6S.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Tac-6S
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I have those low profile electronic peltors. It's not as comfy as the earplugs but  works. In an USPSA match it is recomended to wear extra foam plugs then turn down the volume, request a sound beep test from the RO, let him place the timer as close to your ear and adjust the volume to the least just enough to catch the beep. You always wanted the minimum distraction wirling around your ears while blazing those targets, this helps you focus and gun control. The affect would be very rewarding to get the electronic ears.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:08:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like I'm gonna be on the hunt for 6s then.

Any good leads?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Antonio,

I've used both models of Peltors with an AR and I can't seem to recall experiencing any issues with either one contacting the stock.  They are both very good for outdoor shooting.  The Tac-6S is fine for outdoor use but I wished for a bit more noise attenuation when shooting at an indoor range, especially if someone is shooting a 12 gauge.  I got a killer deal on the ComTac (thanks to our buddy MAP) but I was very happy with the Tac-6S.  

YEAH, YAY MAP - clued us in on Xmas sale - $125.00, thats right $125.00 it might happen again, but I'm sure you want these now, er, yesterday like most Arf.com brethern.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I own the tac6s and have used the comtac IIs.  I wear plugs under both because the reduction doesnt meet my standards.  Since my ears ring, I dont want to make it worse.  If i boost up the volume a bit I Can hear people and still have sufficient protection.

Good move. The only time I don't use both is handguns outdoors. Indoor and rifles require, IMHO, the use of both plugs and the Peltors.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I use the Camouflage Tactical 6-S.  Fits tight to the head.

Quoted:
Any good leads?

I bought an extra one when I bought mine.  Still in the plastic.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I own the tac6s and have used the comtac IIs.  I wear plugs under both because the reduction doesnt meet my standards.  Since my ears ring, I dont want to make it worse.  If i boost up the volume a bit I Can hear people and still have sufficient protection.

Good move. The only time I don't use both is handguns outdoors. Indoor and rifles require, IMHO, the use of both plugs and the Peltors.

Mike

The Ear muffs would be adequate, but for the space created by the eye protection, which allows sound in: use ear plugs too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I use the Camouflage Tactical 6-S.  Fits tight to the head.

Quoted:
Any good leads?

I bought an extra one when I bought mine.  Still in the plastic.  IM sent.

IM sent.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top