Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:14:51 AM EDT
Picked up my Bushmaster M4A3 last night. Man, is it sweet!

I can't wait to get it to the range to try it out.

Questions:

There is quite a bit of play in rear sight when set to the 300 yard zero setting. The whole sight kind of twists and then snaps back into place. Is that normal?

Here's the normal way:

Here's when I tweak it...see how the alignment shifts?

Also, is anyone a member of Cherry Ridge that would be willing to meet me up there to zero this baby? I've never done it before, and it doesn't look too hard, but everything is in meters in the manuals, and all the ranges are in yards.

I ordered 4 new 15 rd mags from PK90 last week. Oh boy!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
a little movement of the rear sight is normal.  Happens on my issue rifle, and my personal weapons as well...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking AR !!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
a little movement of the rear sight is normal.  Happens on my issue rifle, and my personal weapons as well...

They all do that. Forget it, it does not affect the accuracy of the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]

There is quite a bit of play in rear sight when set to the 300 yard zero setting. The whole sight kind of twists and then snaps back into place. Is that normal?

I believe that it is part of the design of the weapon. It's so that when it gets banged around, it will return to the same point so you don't lose your zero.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to nitpick, but your carry handle is not not in the proper location, the front of the carry handle should be flush with the front of the upper receiver.

As the others have stated, that cant is normal for A2 sights.  And Bushmaster makes nice ARs.  Good choice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Also, is anyone a member of Cherry Ridge that would be willing to meet me up there to zero this baby? I've never done it before, and it doesn't look too hard, but everything is in meters in the manuals, and all the ranges are in yards. NOPE 50 Meter stands.

I ordered 4 new 15 rd mags from PK90 last week. Oh boy!

On the 100 yrd rifle range there are 50 yrd and a few yrds after that 50 meter stand setups - that might help you ZERO.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not to nitpick, but your carry handle is not not in the proper location, the front of the carry handle should be flush with the front of the upper receiver.

+1  Good eye.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet rifle, congrats!

I was in the checkout line at Ramsey's on Sunday and the guy in front of me was buying a Bushmaster.  And a few boxes of Winchester Q3131 to break it in.

If avian bird flu spreads like Black Rifle Disease we're in big trouble...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top