Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:05:18 AM EDT
I was wondering if permanently attached flash hiders are legal in NJ or am i just limited to compensators ?  Can't find anything about flash hiders on NJ State Police website for firearms info.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of rifle? In most cases it's no good.  Find a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
For an ar-15 so i guess it isn't legal. Do you know of any nice lookin compensators im after looks more than function.  I wanna build a 20inch replica of a friends m16a4
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the Wilson combat brake. Looks exactly like a birdcage flashider but the front section is closed except for the center hole for the bullet to pass through. Looks good and is legal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For an ar-15 so i guess it isn't legal. Do you know of any nice lookin compensators im after looks more than function.  I wanna build a 20inch replica of a friends m16a4

If you don't want the extra noise that a brake creates, a fake flash hider would do the trick.  I have one on my shorty and it does the job of making the barrel legal length as well as protecting the crown.

This one should do the trick...basically an M16A2 birdcage without the slots cut thru:

Kurt's Kustom Firearms
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't want the extra noise that a brake creates, a fake flash hider would do the trick.  I have one on my shorty and it does the job of making the barrel legal length as well as protecting the crown.

This one should do the trick...basically an M16A2 birdcage without the slots cut thru:

Kurt's Kustom Firearms

how is the fake flash hiders for the PTR 91 rifles that IGF has?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kurt's Kustom Firearms

And you assume I'd know who IGF is or how their stuff for a non-AR15 is because...?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kurt's Kustom Firearms

And you assume I'd know who IGF is or how their stuff for a non-AR15 is because...?  

i asked a question, if you dont have an answer then dont give me sarcasm, its an open ended question to anyone/everyone here on the forum.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]
IGF sells top grade stuff. Jayson is a top HK builder in the business.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i asked a question, if you dont have an answer then dont give me sarcasm, its an open ended question to anyone/everyone here on the forum.

Actually, that was attitude.  Sarcasm would be pointing out your grammar errors.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top