Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:01:47 AM EDT
I am trying to buy a lower from out side of NY. So here is what I have to do right?

1. Buy the lower from the guy.
2. Have my dealer mail him a copy of his FFL
3. He gets the FFL and mails it to my dealer
4. I then go there and buy said lower

Does anyone in NY want to part with a lower in the rochester area. I will give you enough money to replace it if you wish. Most people charge 40 - 60 for a transfer except for the people that are only open from the time I start work to the time I finish work. Dealers in Rochester are invited to email me so long as I dont have to wait 4 weeks to get a 300.00 part.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Step #2 is not required unless it is being transferred from an out-of-state dealer. In fact many dealers will not send a copy of their FFL to a non-dealer. There are also dealers who will not except a firearm form a non-dealer. The FFL is also permitted to fax his license to another dealer.

You need to work this all out prior to having a firearm shipped to a FFL so there are no surprises when it gets there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Which is another great reason to buy local.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
egg? Last show I was at was in Clarence, Where is the next show around Buffalo rochester area?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
egg? Last show I was at was in Clarence, Where is the next show around Buffalo rochester area?

The "Egg" is in Albany...Aimless has little sense of direction.
Keep watching this board: eventually someone will post the next show in your area, that and there has to be a dealer or two in your area that'll recieve for you without charging more than you paid for the reciever. The going rate is $25. per transfer, check ahead of time and see if the FFL will do it per 4473: IF he will, go ahead and order three recievers, get the discount/free shipping then put 'em in the safe...you will end up using them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Buffalo Gun Center has a couple of lowers in stock.Bushmaster I think, can't remember how much ...but give them a call if it's in your price range it's worth the drive. call information for the # it is located in cheektowaga on Harlem rd.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
since my phone book is out from earlier today when I looked up a number

Buffalo Gun Center: 3385 Harlem Road (about a block north of the 33 if memory serves) 716-833-2581

I've only been there once. some of the stuff seemed to have a decnet price, but other stuff was more than a bit overpriced
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#10]
over 300.00 for a stripped. I would like one but I would rather not have to put that much into it. Looks like my upper will remain lonely till April. I found a great gut who will do a transfer for me. Part time at his home thing so I can pick it up after work. he prefers nights since he does this part time. He is looking at getting me an LMT 2000 so if the prices are good I will get a couple of them for future builds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Look up Mike Hammond at either the Syracuse or the Rochester show, he usually has a few srtipped lowers on his table....I don't recall the prices, but I know they are pretty good....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Look up Mike Hammond at either the Syracuse or the Rochester show, he usually has a few srtipped lowers on his table....I don't recall the prices, but I know they are pretty good....

Does Hammond have a store?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
lol looks like I am not the only one looking for lowers to just go and pick up. When I find them you better beat me, I will buy 10 of them and make a pillow out of them. May not sleep to well with them under my head but I will never have to look for one again. I will sell one to you for 500.00 and 6 signed papers stateing you will not make a weapon out of one that has a folding stock. God knows that with one of those you can rule the world or rob a bank.
Kidding of course, but I will buy a few of them. If I ever find someone that sells them in this are I will shout from the roof tops
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I find a local FFL to work with.  I might put his FFL copy in the same envelope as the MO for payment of the receiver.  OR I have him send a copy of his FFL with a notation on it that states  it's OK for me to place an order to be shipped to him.  I have paid for the firearm and only owe the transfer fee when I pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol looks like I am not the only one looking for lowers to just go and pick up.

I've bought, I think, over 10 stripped lowers off the net over the past couple of years, honestly it's a piece of cake.

Wanna sell one :)
Was looking for something a bit more speedy but will buy an LMT 2000 from the dealer on here
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
lol looks like I am not the only one looking for lowers to just go and pick up.

I dont get it dude...

Actually i'm wondering if you can't pass the background check.

I gave you a FFL dealer close enough...

He charges $25 for transfers...

I told you where to get MEGA (or other) lowers dirt cheap... from $99 shipped.

Takes a total of 3 days for the priority mail to arrive...

(in my case it was only two)

And the FFL dealer, as I also mentioned, is already on file with the supplier.

Whats the problem?
If you can't pass a background check, and are trying to do a face to face private sale to avoid it... you're risking somebody else's freedom
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:42:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Had nothing to do with a back ground check but thanks. Wanted it this weekend. (you know, real fast) and if someone had one for sale in this area I would of bought it this weekend. I even thought about buying a bushmaster from a dealer just to have a lower for the upper I bought. If you are refering to the guy in Penfield, he is open from the hours I work. (I have a job) and would make it impossable for me to pick it up. I found a dealer this weekend that would be willing to do the transfer for me if you read all my posts he is available at night only (He has a job too) and does it part time for extra cash. This is my first time doing a transfer from out of state and I want to thank you for the judgement.
I now will buy from a dealer that will ship to another in which after work I will be able to pick it up.
Again, I was just in a hurry. Weekend is over so no longer in a hurry.
Also, if you read my other posts I am looking for a pre ban as well. Why would I care if I couldn't pass a simple background check?
I find that insulting considering what my background is. Before you jump the gun and judge, reall all the posts more clearly including where I went and called for a lower. Buffalo wanted 300 for a stripped lower (yes, he is a dealer) Called East Rochester, Pro gun shop etc. Wanted one from another person but out of state and didnt want to wait.
Have a great day your Honour
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top