Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:12 AM EDT
Preban hicap mags and such
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, www.ammoman.com for starters, www.adcofirearms.com has some of the brit steel mags
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
There are always preban mag deals to be found in the ARFCOM EE.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

yeh but the no-banners hit us hard . during the ban I was buying used USGI 30 rnd AR mags for $10 each. now I see them for $15 to 20.what happened to the laws of supply and demand. when the demand for an item goes down so does the price. why would someone in a no-ban state pay$15 for a used one when they can get a brand new one for about the same price?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate the gouging.  When you can buy new production mags at $11 each, why not help those in need behind enemy lines.  If it were me, I could care less if I paid more for those preban mags if I can replace them cheaply one for one with new ones and still have money left over for more.

The same is true with lowers.  Immediately after the federal ban ended, I picked up complete lower for $325 and traded a new production lower for a preban.  You can't find those deals these days.  Those gentlemen who were kind enough to help out a fellow gun guy did it not for the money but to help.  Some on this board call it welfare.  Again, if it were me, I'd gladly sell off all my preban lowers to those in need for the replacement cost of new production lowers to help.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeh but the no-banners hit us hard . during the ban I was buying used USGI 30 rnd AR mags for $10 each. now I see them for $15 to 20.what happened to the laws of supply and demand. when the demand for an item goes down so does the price. why would someone in a no-ban state pay$15 for a used one when they can get a brand new one for about the same price?

You missed a great deal back in October for preban NIW USGI Center & Okay (Colt) mags. They were 10/$125 shipped. If I see any deals I'll post the links but the goderartors start twitching when EE stuff spills over to the HT forums.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

...You missed a great deal back in October for preban NIW USGI Center & Okay (Colt) mags. They were 10/$125 shipped...

I'm simultaneously weeping and kicking myself for missing that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that a tease or an offer? To me?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, just a cropped pic from the original ad to bust your chops. Those mags used to be $3 a piece twenty years ago. Green label Colts were $300-$400.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit, ya almost had my hopes up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top