Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2005 6:33:28 PM EDT
N.J. Guys and Gals,
Please go to this link and see if you are interested in meeting up with other gunners.

www.njcsd.org/board/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=7f2d4e8b261af826d762d8249eea5bd7;act=ST;f=21;t=2386;&#top

Thank you for your time.

RW3

***I edited your post just to add the date in the title...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
TAG
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, its on the calender.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Calendar marked :)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
IN... see ya there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IN... see ya there.

If the dog is going, I'm going too!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN... see ya there.

I am humbled...

Great MAP!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN... see ya there.

SUCK UP

I'm going to try my best to make it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Beautiful, nice to see more Arfcomers going.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN... see ya there.

SUCK UP

[Yoda]"Do or do not... there is no try."[/Yoda]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN... see ya there.

SUCK UP

{Yoda} WHEN 900 YEARS OLD YOU REACH, GOOD IS TRYING [Yoda]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN... see ya there.

SUCK UP

{Yoda} WHEN 900 YEARS OLD YOU REACH, GOOD IS TRYING [Yoda]

WTF, you didn't look a day over 799 today - so I guess you'll make it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#13]
THIS is a QUOTE (notice my embellishment) from the NJCSD site:

Guys and Gals and members, non-members (guests) and interested firearms friends - !!!

Guys and gals,
Who would be interested in getting together on Saturday, August 27th for a casual meet and greet type of function? You do not have to be an NJCSD member to participate.
It would be held down at the Buckeye Gun Club in Barnegat,N.J. off of Rt.72.

It would be a good time to get members and outsider's input and anything else we want to work on followed up by food and a movie of some sort in the evening. The shooting range would be open only for the NJCSD to use from 12:00 noon till 4:30pm and the facilities for the entire day. We could even turn it into a camping event for those of you that might be interested in doing that. In other words, lets get together and have a good time!

Let me know your thoughts on if you want to do something like this and answer the poll above.

Thanks!
Ray Woodrow 3rd

Quoted:
N.J. Guys and Gals,
Please go to this link and see if you are interested in meeting up with other gunners.

www.njcsd.org/board/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=7f2d4e8b261af826d762d8249eea5bd7;act=ST;f=21;t=2386;&#top

Thank you for your time.

RW3

***I edited your post just to add the date in the title...

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Looking at 5 possibly 6 AR-15 guys showing up.

Any others?
Come on out and enjoy the day with other NJ gunners.

Directions:
www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=501%20Route%2072&city=Barnegat&state=NJ&zipcode=08005%2d1012&searchtab=home

At Mile Marker 14/5 turn right up the driveway coming from 72 east.

At Mile Marker 14/5 turn left up the driveway coming from the 72 west.

RW3

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]

The shooting range would be open only for the NJCSD to use from 12:00 noon till 4:30pm and the facilities for the entire day

Does this mean nonmembers aren't allowed any shooting?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The shooting range would be open only for the NJCSD to use from 12:00 noon till 4:30pm and the facilities for the entire day

Does this mean nonmembers aren't allowed any shooting?

I believe it means that the range is reserved for those attending the meeting...

I couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#18]
You are both correct Lion_Dog and FMJunkie.

Sorry about the confussing title! I changed it...

ANYBODY that shows up to stop in and say "Hi" to shoot the shit and/or some paper are more than welcome to come on out.

Show up at 12:00 noon.

This is an "informal" meeting of sorts.
A meet and greet.
No pressure.
No real agenda to follow.

Just a chance to get to know one another and bang a few ideas around about our State and the dilema we find ourselves in along with a movie later on for those that wish to hang out. We are all basically going "dutch" and will see who wants to throw in for pizza and such during the day. There is a refrigerator, stove, and a microwave to use if you want to bring your own grub.

Your signifigant others are invited as well.
There is air conditioning at the club along with TV and radio. My better half will be there. No little ones please. Little ones meaning if they cannot shoot they should not come.

RW3
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope to make it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope to make it as well, but I don't have any ARs!!  I could bring along a few handguns, though (nothing too interesting, though, as I'm just starting my collection).
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I hope to make it as well, but I don't have any ARs!!  I could bring along a few handguns, though (nothing too interesting, though, as I'm just starting my collection).

Thats fine. There will be Black Rifles there on Saturday and someone will be more than happy to show you the ropes if you have never fondled one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thats fine. There will be Black Rifles there on Saturday and someone will be more than happy to show you the ropes if you have never fondled one.hr

Excellent.  I'm sending in my check for this year's SEBR tomorrow, so it won't be too long before I get my own...But if someone could give me some triggertime (and let me see some scopes!) it'd be greatly appreciated :).

Hopefully I can make it.  We'll see what happens, and maybe I'll bring my wife along :D.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Can I get some directions please?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats fine. There will be Black Rifles there on Saturday and someone will be more than happy to show you the ropes if you have never fondled one.

Excellent.  I'm sending in my check for this year's SEBR tomorrow, so it won't be too long before I get my own...But if someone could give me some triggertime (and let me see some scopes!) it'd be greatly appreciated :).

Hopefully I can make it.  We'll see what happens, and maybe I'll bring my wife along :D.

Yes... trigger time available. Hopefully see you there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Can I get some directions please?

Thanks,

Mike

From the NORTH:

Take GARDEN STATE PKY EXPRESS LN S toward EXPRESS / EXITS 117- 105 / ASBURY PARK / SOUTH JERSEY (Portions toll). 21.2 miles  

GARDEN STATE PKWY South . 36.1 miles  

Take the CR-554 exit- EXIT 67- toward BARNEGAT / CHATSWORTH. 0.1 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto W BAY AVE / CR-554. 4.4 miles  

W BAY AVE / CR-554 becomes NJ-72. 1.6 miles  

End at 501 Route 72 Barnegat, NJ 08005-1012, US  

***At Mile Marker 14/5 turn right up the driveway coming from 72 east.

***At Mile Marker 14/5 turn left up the driveway coming from the 72 west.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
A slightly simpler way to get there:

1)  Parkway south to route 539 north.  (I don't know what exit it is, but its not too far past rt 72 exit noted above)  
2) Take 539 north to rt 72 and turn right.  (should be first traffic light you come to but its a few miles up the road)
3) Buckeye is up about a mile on the right side of the road.  Its easy to miss, its a dirt driveway well camoflauged in the woods.  Look for the numbers nailed to the telephone pole - they are black numbers on a white background.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Are we meeting at NOON or earlier. The itinerary states Shooting is noon to 4:30 Soooooooooo what is the meeting time RAY
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Still trying to figure out if I'm coming.  If I do I'll bring my G27 and my wife's .38 special revolver (been wanting to shoot it for awhile).
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Are we meeting at NOON or earlier. The itinerary states Shooting is noon to 4:30 Soooooooooo what is the meeting time RAY

I believe the talk / greet / eat(?) is after the shooting. Maybe even a movie!

So 12:00 the firing line goes HOT!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Still trying to figure out if I'm coming.  If I do I'll bring my G27 and my wife's .38 special revolver (been wanting to shoot it for awhile).

Unfortunately I'll be traveling light tomorrow - just bring my 9mm stuff. Glock 19/26 and a Beretta Storm you can play with...BTW the Storm is my wife's (at least so I told her)!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Show up at noon guys...

If you want to show up a little earlier be my guest but shooting starts at 12:00 noon.

Chit chat will take place throughout the day.

Like I said, this is an informal meet and greet...

RW3
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I will be there.  The only problem is I do not know what to bring.  I think I will take out one of my M1s but I do not know what else to bring.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Unfortunately I'll be traveling light tomorrow - just bring my 9mm stuff. Glock 19/26 and a Beretta Storm you can play with...BTW the Storm is my wife's (at least so I told her)!hr

I was looking at buying a used 9mm Storm, mmm!  I take it your wife likes it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll be there, but a little late...Need to stop at Harry's and pick up new ear protection.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Excellent shoot guys and gals!  Thanks again for all those who let me shoot their rifles/handguns!  It was a ton of fun and a great day to shoot!  We let them bowling pins have it .
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Ya, it was great...Now I'm trying to find an SKS for myself...Thanks for adding another gun to my 'Must Have' list, Ray!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I certainly hope this gathering was a positive experience for all.  I'm un-tacking it now since its over but I hope to see all the after action reports!

Yes it was a very positive experience for all but one person, who forgot his ammo and mags.  I will not mention that Lion_Dog's name.

Thank you to Ray Woodward and Rovert (sp?) for hosting this shoot.  We are all in this together and our worst enemy is not the antis it is ourselves.  I came away with a better understanding of what the NJCSD is all about.  

Matt
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]
A very good day for all. Thanks Ray and Robert for putting this shindig together and nice to see some new faces besides the DOG. Lets see, we had the Tour de Buckeye, shooting, sandwichs, pizza, firewater and a movie, (The Incredibles) The clubhouse now rivals the Holiday Inn, Nice job Ray Lets do this again as a fundraiser.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks to NJCSD and Buckeye for the use of the range.  AOL CDs and bowling pins are great targets.  I need some practice with my 1911, too many pins stood for too long.

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling on some pro 2nd activism with the NJCSD.  Soon we will likely have to deal with the Corzine administration.  It just wouldn't be the same with some POS smart gun.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Guys, thanks so much for coming out Saturday - it was great to meet you all and annihilate a few bowling pins! And more thanks to those of you who let me try out your toys. If nothing gets in the way, I'll have to get out to Ft. Dix on 9/24 for some long-range stuff. I have a few rifles that are feeling very neglected.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:08:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys, thanks so much for coming out Saturday - it was great to meet you all and annihilate a few bowling pins! And more thanks to those of you who let me try out your toys. If nothing gets in the way, I'll have to get out to Ft. Dix on 9/24 for some long-range stuff. I have a few rifles that are feeling very neglected.  

We would certainly love to have you join us!

+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:00:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I certainly hope this gathering was a positive experience for all.  I'm un-tacking it now since its over but I hope to see all the after action reports!

Yes it was a very positive experience for all but one person, who forgot his ammo and mags.  I will not mention that Dog's name.

Thank you to Ray Woodward and Rovert (sp?) for hosting this shoot.  We are all in this together and our worst enemy is not the antis it is ourselves.  I came away with a better understanding of what the NJCSD is all about.  

Matt

OK, I think I'm awake now - it was a LONG day for me, but a good one!

In a not typical (? - ha, right) I forgot ALL MY ammo and mags, which were preloaded. We had a nice turn out which included some non-Arf.com'rs. Matt and MAP were most generous and gave me some ammo to play with. MAP included the use of his lovely wife's two tone kahki green G17 and rightfully apologized for it only having 10 round mags. Of course I needed 15 rounders to hit anything. PK90, brought the lovely MrsPK90, I tried out his .30cal cabine AR - light and sexy. As  the day drew on it got hot!!! but did I tell you, the "cabin" is AIR CONDITIONED!!!! That's right AIR Conditioned!!!

We missed FMJunkie and DWFan, but they were present in spirit and written form. I reviewed their ideas in detail to assist the momentum and growth of NJCSD with Rovert on the way down. In a loosely structured presentation I paraphrased them and provided some "dialogue" with the heavy lifting being done by Rovert and the lovely and good shooting DebA.

We got a great tour of the Buckeye Facility, where the ARF.com camps - with remnants of fire and other non-human activity (Red Eye, but no ticks this time and at least 5 deer) and the Gay lovers "cockfight" turned homocidal)

Then it was dinner time where pizza and some libation were had - me munching a "diet bar" and diet soda. Overall I think the guys would have eaten cardboard, especially MAP who kept asking if the pizza had arrived EVERY FOUR - FIVE minutes.

Rovert set up a movie theatre environment with his very impressive home theatre gear. We watched "THE INCREDIBLES" and chilled out - did I say there was AIR CONDITIONING? By the time I got home it was little after 11PM to the welcome licks and greetings from my dogs and a little pie from the Mrs. Who says absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder.

I thank Buckeye & Ray, all who came and those who wanted to - but could not in creating a strong and positive atmosphere.

If I missed anything - forgive me, I am still asleep.

ETA: Correction - Lack of sleep does that.

Seesh YOU guys ARE brutal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PK90, brought the lovely MrPK90,

Um...  Don't ask, don't tell.

DOH
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#48]
A few pics.

How many ARCOMers does it take to adjust a front sight? Three. One to hold the rifle, one to move the sight, one to supervise and ALL THREE to figure out what direction to turn it.

The one, the only, Bobby the Hun (did ya get me e-mail )

Rovert and Zbrane

Thats me. Can't shoot for sh*t but boy do I look good (not) doing it!!!

Only person I can ID is M1 MATT showing great form w/ his Wilson CQB.

Photo credits go to Lion_Dog. Didn't shott much lead but he shot alot of photos.

Had a great time. Can't wait to see every one on 9/24.

Mike

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Ditto thanks to everyone for showing up.  It was a long-ass day for us, but I hope everyone had a good time.  Looking forward to a gathering of a few of you ARFCOM guys at my home here in Bergen County so we can kick the can down the road a piece to figure out what it takes to get gun owners in NJ motivated.

Best,
RK
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top