Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 12:32:50 PM EDT
Hello all,

As I've just gotten an AR15 recently, I have also sent in my application to a local gun club (Rochester Brooks International) where a friend is a member. The application went in about two weeks ago, and they told me that I'd need to be approved by the board and attend the safety class before shooting there. Fair enough.

The board meeting was last sunday (Oct 10), and the safety "class" (I'm sure it's relatively short) is tomorrow (Saturday Oct 16). They informed me that letters were going to be sent out in the mail after the board decides on people either way, and I haven't gotten anything.. but then I remembered that Monday was a holiday, so... maybe the mail is just being retardedly slow.

So my question for you all, is: Do I show up at the safety class tomorrow at the club and just figure that they have accepted me? (They cashed the check that I wrote them!) The worst that they can do is say "No, you're not accepted, go home", I assume.

I don't want to wait for tomorrow's mail, though, since it won't come until noon at least, and the safety class will probably be around 9am when the clubhouse opens..

Anyway, anyone who has experience with rochester/brooks or even thinks my plan is sound just on general principles, let me know. Or if you think I'm an idiot, I wanna hear that too :)

Thanks all!  (I need to get my black rifle shooting fix...)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So my question for you all, is: Do I show up at the safety class tomorrow at the club and just figure that they have accepted me? (They cashed the check that I wrote them!) The worst that they can do is say "No, you're not accepted, go home", I assume.

I think you hit the nail on the head! you are probably good to go, since they cashed your check..   Just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top