User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:17:38 PM EDT
'Been researching AKs as of late.  
Found an excellent resource on Romanian models here:
www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

This is what I'd like to buy:

An SAR-1 (with pistol grip)

However I have a feeling that NJ will only allow the lo-cap WASR-10 with the fixed thumbhole stock:

Please shed some light on this if you know for sure.  
I thought I heard that Ramsey Outdoor had SAR-1s for sale, but that sounds too good to be true.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Both stocks are legal in NJ. They must be post-ban compliant and 922r compliant too. Block that mag to 15 rounds, however that may change soon for the worse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it matter if the receiver accepts doublestack mags?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, anything as long as it's post ban and 922r compliant, Try SARCO in Sterling. He may have something in stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sarco had a few SAR's last I checked, but they're so damn weird down there.  I saw some Saigas at Ramseys a few months back, but nothing truly eeeeevil.  One or two EBR's though.  I had a few really shitty experiences with their gun dept. when I ordered through their Ledgewood store or went in for service, like my giving them $900 was their doing me a favor.  I try and go elsewhere when feasable.  The guys in Paterson have always done right by me, but it's just a tough state to buy firearms in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top