Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:46:13 PM EDT
Just got my first rifle, Pics posted here

Need to find a range nearby to start learning at, preferably with a nice class of  people who won't mind showing a new shooter the basics of zeroing and the like
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just got my first rifle, Pics posted here

Need to find a range nearby to start learning at, preferably with a nice class of  people who won't mind showing a new shooter the basics of zeroing and the like

In Morris County there is only one and it took my high school history teacher only 15+years to get in it was in Florham Park .  
You best bet is to go to Cherry Ridge it is a awesome range. I use to live in Chatham so cherry ridge was the only place to go for high powered rifle.   www.anjrpc.org/.  They have a 100yd rifle range and they also have a 200/300 yd rifle range.  There is a shot gun range where you bring your own clay bird thrower, a 22 cal range and a pistol range out to 50yds.  I have been a member up there since 1996.  Oh that is a great M14 you have there.  

ETA. Oh I just rememberd there is an other one it is called Shongum it is in Hackettstown.  www.shongum.org/homepage.htm
You can give them a try.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When I lived in NJ I belonged to Hopatcong Rifle & Pistol Club.  Probably about 1/2 hour West from the Morristown area.  I'll check to see if I still have any contact info for them at home.  You should be able to google  them & get something.  It's been 11 or 12 years since I shot there so I really can't  tell you what the facilities are like now.  In '92 they had a 50 yard pistol range with covered firing line and a 100 yard rifle range.

Good luck and enjoy the rifle, looks like a nice one.
CDKayak
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top