Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:15:13 AM EDT
meant to do this yesterday
Went to the show yesterday morning. Normally I like this show even if I don't buy anything. This time it was a waste of money.
Some antiques thing has taken over literally half the floor space of the center, thus the show was smaller than normal. I was able to walk the whole thing in less than 30 minutes
Prices seemed really high. Granted I forgot to update my average price list that I take with me so th prices I had were about a year old, but have Yugo Mausers gone up over $100 in a year? I saw some usgi mags, not in wrap, probably about 95% condition for $25. In the past I've gotten 90%+ condition mags for $15 there. Considering that the EE has NIW mags for $20 or less shipping included I just laughed and kept walking.
Only saw a couple ARs and no lowers.
Saw some SARs and WASRs, all for about $400
Saw one M1 Carbine, USGI, $1000
Saw a few Garands, none lower than $650
As usual for a NY show, lots and lots of hunting/skeet/trap shotguns. Did see a few pistol gripped shotguns, so some people were trying to be "tactical"
More crap dealers than normal. Patches, books, displays with nothing for sale, etc.
A few knife dealers. I don't mind knife dealers thatmuch, except it's supposed to be a gun show.
Only one real dealer for ammo, I think it was ammunitionstore.com. I've seen them at a lot of shows around here, they seem to have decent prices when I've looked in the past, but I didn't need ammo this time. There were a few other tables with a couple boxes of random ammo.

Verdict: Save your $6 and your time if you were planning on going today

Hopefully Syracuse won't disappoint next week if I end up going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top