Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 1:38:30 PM EDT
For us (two) woodmere folk, mag162 as well, I list them in order of proximity, as:

Bethpage
Huntingon/Farmingdale
Brookhaven
Calverton

It seems that there is much positive experience at brookhaven, and bethpage was described as okm as well...
any thoughts on these four?

any CLOSER ones???
(not FARTHER ones)
(e.g. only those CLOSER, not better, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, CT and NJ.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Bethpage/Huntingon/Farmingdale  These are all on and the same!  Spagnoli Rd.
It is the Town of Huntington Range.

Nassau county indoor range in the Mitchel field sports complex!

Bill 3 Rail
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#3]
that's hilarious.   I am NEW here, so excuse me.
I meant outdoor ranges, post amended.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Join Freeport, u can shoot anything outdoors, and any handguns indoors.

Outdoor is 35 ft for handguns, and 50yrds for rifles if nobody is on the handgun line.

Its private and u get ur own key, its open 24hrs a day,nice little clubhouse, and open house every Sunday
u can join pistol leagues and buy and sell firearms and ammo.

It aint bad for $150 a year. Its owned by the Freeport PBA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
where's freeport?

drive time from woodmere, ny?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
next to Baldwin and Oceanside

u live in Woodmere and u dont know where Freeport is?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Your about 20/30 minutes from Freeport. Not sure where the range is, but just take Sunrise Highway east, takes you right into Freeport, make sure your locked and loaded.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:22:19 AM EDT
[#8]
How do you go about joining the freeport club?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

go to the open house on Sunday, meet the RO's, they set up a class usually once a week
and tell u about the range, then u go into the range and qualify in firearm safety, u get ID and a key.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bethpage/Huntingon/Farmingdale  These are all on and the same!  Spagnoli Rd.
It is the Town of Huntington Range.

Nassau county indoor range in the Mitchel field sports complex!

Bill 3 Rail

true, but on another note, there are actually THREE ranges all within 10 mins of each other.
150 Gardiners Ave.  11756
360 Spagnoli Rd.   11747
70 Kean St.   11704

I haven't been to any other than the bethpage range (spangoli rd.) From phonecalls, one of them requires membership (don't remember which).
All are on the NRAHQ website.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

70 Kean St.   11704

This one is Old Bethpage Rifle and Pistol club, it's private and not open to the public. I'm a member and to become one you need to be sponsored and come to the 'december' metting. It's limited in total members as well. It's striclty indoor with twin 100 yard rifle tubes. Plus, you get a card access key and can shoot just about any time you like, cept you need to get in before midnight when the access cards are disabled, but.. once in you could shoot all night if you wanted to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

70 Kean St.   11704

This one is Old Bethpage Rifle and Pistol club, it's private and not open to the public. I'm a member and to become one you need to be sponsored and come to the 'december' metting. It's limited in total members as well. It's striclty indoor with twin 100 yard rifle tubes. Plus, you get a card access key and can shoot just about any time you like, cept you need to get in before midnight when the access cards are disabled, but.. once in you could shoot all night if you wanted to.

so Doug when u gonna sponsor me
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

150 Gardiners Ave.  11756

All are on the NRAHQ website.

I grew up near that one, and I thought it closed when I was a kid!  My Brother-in-law was a member there about 25 years ago.  If I go through Levittown, I will look into this range and see if they are still open.

Bill H.
Farmingdale
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In december?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

70 Kean St.   11704

How much is annual membership?
What are the rules on mags and ammo? rapid fire?
what distances other than the two 100 yd rifle tubes are there?
can you sponsor me?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#17]
hey rodger, shat do you mean by: "50yrds for rifles if nobody is on the handgun line." at bethpage???
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
hey rodger, shat do you mean by: "50yrds for rifles if nobody is on the handgun line." at bethpage???

Freeport.

They are paralell with each other, but its usually empty

obviously if some is shooting handguns 20 ft to the left and infrontt of u its not a good idea to shoot rifles.

Even at 35yds its fun to plink with my AR's and AK's.
U can sh0ot anything as long as u clean up, water jugs, pumpkins etc
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In december?

Thanx man
my buddies at Hunter Sports who belong always blow me off
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

go to the open house on Sunday, meet the RO's, they set up a class usually once a week
and tell u about the range, then u go into the range and qualify in firearm safety, u get ID and a key.

They have these open houses evry sunday? If so I'm going this coming Sunday
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Every Sunday is an open house.

Outside they have matches going on (IPSCC and cowboy shoots)

Inside they have breakfast, ammo for sale(usually some guy has a carload), handguns displayed for sale, and a guy with an FFL who does $15 transfers for members.

They also have a bulletin board with tons of firearms for sale or trade
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#22]
that FFL guy is sure to become my best friend, but i still don't get teh whole pistol and rifle thing.  maybe I don't understand the setup of the range?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#23]
The outdoor range holds like 15-20 people with benches under overhangs for Handgun, Rifles, Shotguns at 35 yrds. All guns use the same outdoor benches.

There are( 2) 50yd  lanes at the far right that are set 15yds further back

Obviously u cant use the 50 if there are people at the 35

The indoor range is 7 stalls, electric pulleys and fully heated, and open 24hrs a day
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top