Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 9:21:05 PM EDT
Guys, if you haven't already read the Bikes4Tykes thread tacked up top then please do so.

This is one effort where a very little really does make a difference and goes directly to making sure kids experience the magic of Christmas.  This is truly worthy of your consideration.

I know you guys are a great bunch and that is the only reason I'd even post this.  If just a couple of you can spare just $10, that is one more kid who's Christmas you will have made.  What do you say, can we make a NJ BLAST mark on this thing or what?

Helldog, I just paypal'd you $50 on behalf of the NJ BLAST crew to start things off.  Whether or not folks can spare a few bucks at this tough time of year, know that we tried to help!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks FMJ! Very generous of you.

Guys, we have just made 50 bikes last evening...all will be assembled Sunday and picked up by the Marines for the NYC area.

I hope to buy 30 more over the next week and deliver them to three local charities here in Westchester.

Like many in the NY Crew, I tend (shamefully) to overlook the "southern tier". The NJ Blast Crew rocks!

I have GOT to get down to Ft. Dix one of these weekends...do you guys shoot in the winter?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
FMJ got the ball rolling and I just gave it a little more velocity,$50.donation(paypal) for the tykes.I hope they post pics.I do not have children of my own, but its great do things like this.See ya.BTH
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
OK I'll go $50.00. Someone pklease give me a snail mail address to send a check.

Mike

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks MAP!

makes checks/mo's payable to:

Bikes4Tykes Inc.
118 South Ridge St.
PMB151
Rye Brook, NY 10573
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a good thing your all doing for the kids. Gotcha covered .

Merry Christmas

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, you guys really do make me believe that people are still worth believing in!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]

It's nothing really....if the kids are grown or you don't have any, what better way to get into the Christmas spirit? We really enjoy doing it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's nothing really....if the kids are grown or you don't have any, what better way to get into the Christmas spirit? We really enjoy doing it.

Speaking of "doing it," when are we assembling, or is it already taken care of?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#9]
The City load of bikes (50) went out yesterday Greg..(see other threads in just about every forum I can get access to) .

I'm doing another (well, hopefully three) small loads locally during this week...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top