Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 8:02:23 AM EDT
... Anyway, if there are, and you're interested in aerospace, there is very good exhibition going on now at the Rockefeller Center in Manhattan.

.. It's free and quite interesting. One thing very intriguing to me was a full scaled GE90 aircraft engine. In 1992 GE offered me a job at their turbomachinery division to help develop the dove-tailed fan.

... Hey, it's something to do and free

www.larc.nasa.gov/2003/events.html
www.centennialofflight.af.mil/newnews.shtml
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
NYC, perhaps the most unfriendly gun place in the country is it really any surprise there aren't many members there.  Hell even NYS is going to probably keep its AWB if the fed law sunsets.......................
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
NYC, perhaps the most unfriendly gun place in the country is it really any surprise there aren't many members there.  Hell even NYS is going to probably keep its AWB if the fed law sunsets.......................

Yeah, its part of NYS law anyway I thought... Just like the federal without a sunset provision.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No "probably" about it We're stuck with it until the 5 boroughs and Albany come to their senses and undo the mistake they forced on us in 2000. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Winston, when did you move to NY?  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Winston, when did you move to NY?  Am I missing something?

... I didn't really, I'm just finishing up a project I've been working on for 15 months.

... Been living at the Rockefeller Center Hilton since May. I've been home once since for a couple days.

... Getting pretty homesick. I "should" be home by the end of August.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I hope you got to do some sightseeing.  NYC has more culture than you can shake a stick at.  The natural history museum is fantastic.  

And the food is ta die fa!

I used to travel to NYC all the time for work, and the place never fails to entertain.

I am sure you miss your guns though.  

We will have to do a welcome back shoot for you.

LMK.

AZTrooper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top