Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 4:50:15 PM EDT
What does everyone want to do?  We ahvent had a major shoot at all this summer in NY state specifically Calverton.  WHen does everyone want to meet up again for a huge shoot like the ones we had last summer?  WE had about 30 people for the July, August and even september shoots and lately its been just a few of the islanders showing up.

Who wants to meet up again by the end of this month at Calverton or possibly a different spot?  Anyone have any dates, ideas, requests?
Lets make this happen!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be available after August 9th. I'd like to attend.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll be available after August 9th. I'd like to attend.

Mike

that weekend sounds great.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
where is calverton?
Im still buzzing from the last 2 weekends of shooting.
No shoots in July huh
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, cut me a break..Bulletfest took a bunch of my time, and summer is a busy season for me..not ALL of us get two months off HOPLITE.

I don't know about a shoot, but here's what I CAN do on short notice:

Saturday, July 19, 2003 Central New Jersey Gathering. Meet the Avilas.

That's right, Goatboy and Ed Sr. in their first ever appearance to the general public in the Garden State.(We de-loused them just for the occasion)

Other notable dignitaries in attendance will include HiramRanger, Aimless, yours truly, and the ever-lovely Lorie40.

BTW, no matter WHAT anyone may say, HiramRanger and Aimless are NOT a "couple"...though they plan on sleeping in the same room, Hiram assures me that  there will be TWO beds with only ONE occupant each.

Anyways, like I says, dinner is on Saturday night, Perhaps also breakfast on Sunday morning. Hopefully we can sober RBAD up long enough to at least grunt a "hello" to the adoring crowds.

This is a work in progress, hotel info should be posted by tonight. Anybody wanting to make travel arrangements should be thinking of the intersection of 287 and 80...general area of Parsippany.

Winston_Wolf: if you're in town again this weekend, you shall be Special Person Of Obviously Great Importance to Everyone (SPOOGIE) and, as such, are required to attend. Call me for limo service.

This outstanding event sponsored by the Friendly Helldog Travel and Tourism Agency (Humble and Loveable (TM)).

Our motto: Fuck it, I can shoot anytime...I'm here to COOK!

PS - Anybody wanting further info., call me @ 917.502.1378
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The only time I'll be able to make it is Sat August 2nd.  Its immediately after the bar and before my trip.  I won't be back till september, so let really try to aim for the 2nd for a Calverton shoot!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Great, you are planning a trip to Parsippany, the Town I live and work in, on July 19th and I'm in Arizona until the 20th on vacation.

If you are staying over watch some of the hotels on Rt 46. They can have some unsavory characters. There is an Embassy Suite on Rt 202 right off of 287 S.

Have fun!

Mike
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#10]
have fun this weekend.  I would love to be there but i'm on the clock for Uncle Sam.  
Mark im not off for 2 months I do have a job its jsut that its been slow these last 2 weeks so i am not stuck wrking 65 hour weeks anymore
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I had NO FREAKIN IDEA that the Avilas were going to be in town this weekend and only 30 minutes from my house. But guess what, we are having our survival forum "bug-out" in central PA this weekend so I can't make it.

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm off most Saturdays and can make a Sunday shoot mid morning unless I have to hang around to syringe the greens mid day.  Just let me know when and where and if circumstances allow I'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm off most Saturdays and can make a Sunday shoot mid morning unless I have to hang around to syringe the greens mid day.  Just let me know when and where and if circumstances allow I'll be there.

C'mon Tim....drive out to Jersey with the Missus...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Much as I would like to and lest it turn into yet another all chiefs and no Indians par Tay I have to be at the golf course Sunday the 20th at 04:30 so I will be amongst the missing for the Jersey staff/mods bash.  However when the next LI shoot occurs I will try to at least make part of it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]

This outstanding event sponsored by the Friendly Helldog Travel and Tourism Agency (Humble and Loveable (TM)).

OK, what's all this social activity 'round here that didn't get booked through the NJ social director???  Oh well, I'm still collecting a commision!

Man, you all come trekkin' down for dinner and can't make any of our shoots...  I don't know WHAT we're gonna have to do to get some love from up north!

So, what's the occasion and where is this little shindig at?  My wife is away all weekend but, I will try and find a babysitter if I can get some info.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

OK, what's all this social activity 'round here that didn't get booked through the NJ social director???  Oh well, I'm still collecting a commision!

Man, you all come trekkin' down for dinner and can't make any of our shoots...  I don't know WHAT we're gonna have to do to get some love from up north!

So, what's the occasion and where is this little shindig at?  My wife is away all weekend but, I will try and find a babysitter if I can get some info.

Ahem!  The NJ crew with the exception of RBAD and FrankSquid were notably absent from our last two Albany get togethers.  What do we have to do to get some love from the south?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem!  The NJ crew with the exception of RBAD and FrankSquid were notably absent from our last two Albany get togethers.  What do we have to do to get some love from the south?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  They weren't invited...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
hahahaha you guys are funny
what is the story on July 19th
where is this taking place?
I can make it there possibly.
but the question is where.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
hahahaha you guys are funny
what is the story on July 19th
where is this taking place?
I can make it there possibly.
but the question is where.

Dinner plans have not been firmed up yet. ANy suggestions on fine greasy spoons from the locals would be appreciated.
Suggestions from the web:

In the Area
   Arthur's Tavern, Collin's Pub, Lonestar Steakhouse, Harper's Pub, Florentine Grill Ristorante, Jersey Boy Bagels, Il Villaggio Restaurant, Chevy's, Chand Palace, Chili's, Nikko Japanese Restaurant, Il Giardino.

There are not too many hotels in close proximity, but the Candlewood Suites seems suitable. Check them out here:www.candlewoodsuites.com/main/property.cfm

Candlewood Suites Parsippany, Morris Plains
100 Candlewood Dr.
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Phone 973-984-9960
Fax 973-984-9958

Rates
One Bedroom is 100 (w/AAA disc)
Studio is 63 (w/AAA disc)
Plus tax.....
Full kitchens, TV, VCR, CD player, etc....

As far as the lack of notice as well as lack of appearances at Jersey shoots:

FMJunkie, we usually get together for charity's sake....some of the wives don't attend shoots. Daytime trips can also be difficult. But, every three months or so, we gather together, put little 2" squares of duct tape all over HiramRanger's hairy, nekkid corpus, and proceed to sell "ripping prvileges" to all and sundry, all for the sake of Hiram's favorite charity, the Albany County Home for Nubile Wayward Young Girls. Hence our motto "Tear Off A Piece For Charity"

See....it takes three months for the hair to grow back.

Seriously though, if anyone wants to organize a shoot on such short notice, post it here! I'm sure some folks will be able to make it to Ft. Dix from Parsnippany. (Except the LawnGuyLanders, they're afraid to cross water.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Chand Palace is Indian Food and Harper's Pub is closed. Il Villaggio is good but it is BYOB.

I'm sorry that I will miss this. Well today in AZ I'm off to visit my favorite gunsmith, Ted Yost, and a quick stop at Gunsite.

Hope to see you soon.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Assuming my lovely job does not screw with me this weekend, I'm in.

I'm working Operation Impact from 2000x0435, so I guess I'm out...sorry fellas.

Sorry to hear it Ray, I guess nobody from LI is gonna make it then...
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Can't help with dining suggestions so far north...  I will try and get a babysitter for Saturday night though.  

If the crew wants to venture another hour south, I can help with a true over abundance of hotels and eateries.  Let me know on this one, otherwise I will look for plans TBD by someone else.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hear it Ray, I guess nobody from LI is gonna make it then...

Mark u know we never leave the Island
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 12:01:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Mark u know we never leave the Island

Geez, if you guys don't use the bridges more, I'm liable to end up out of work.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#26]
sorry Mark, in a masochistic fit I took an epilady to all hair below my neck... hurt like hell, but now I'm smooth as silk...
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
hurt like hell, but now I'm smooth as silk...

Well, there goes the party.....<sigh>

Wait a minute! We'll just change it to body paint (epoxy of course...nice huffing buzz)! It'll smear reeeeeal nice on a "smoothie".

New catchphrase: "Paint 'til He Faints"..
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The wonderful(extremely sarcastic) part about police work is even though it's my damn day off, I was notified to come into work Saturday night.

Hey whats up Ray?  Its Friday afternoon and I just got home from work.......but not before the Friday afternoon surprise detail.....

Im out this Sunday, looks like another 18 hour day of OT baking in the Sun...........
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone figured out where and when yet?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#31]
We are bivouac-ing at the Candlewood Suites Parsippany/Morris Heights...dinner at a venue TBD this afternoon. Watch this space for further updates, or call me @ 917.5021378

FMJunkie, you HAVE to make this one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Chand Palace is Indian Food and Harper's Pub is closed. Il Villaggio is good but it is BYOB.

I'm sorry that I will miss this. Well today in AZ I'm off to visit my favorite gunsmith, Ted Yost, and a quick stop at Gunsite.

Hope to see you soon.

Mike

Safe trip MAP - enjoy AZ!

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hunduh,are you going to make it?

Maybe someone can get a hold of John Hern.and see if he is available.Juan has wanted me to meet him for quite sometime now!

Sorry, but I cant make it.  I was notified Friday afternoon that I have to work O/T all day Sunday....for the Columbian Festival!!!  YAY!!!(lucky for me I like Chicken and Rice!!!)

Steven
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top