Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 10:55:41 AM EDT
This is one reason and there is of course the CCW issue.
And right now my house will produce a little over 200K prophit ,I can build a real nice home in Pa for that kind of money,especially If I sub out the work and I act as my own general contractor.  
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=169803

I think I can pick up a 2 or three acre lot for 15 grand in a nice area,any thoughts guys?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#1]
For $200,000 I'd buy a nice, modest home with as much acreage as possible. Should be quite doable in PA. Shoot in your back yard on your privatet range. Keep in mind I'm a country boy who would rather have deer and trees for neighbors than people

Also keep in mind, you might want to spend some of that 200K profit on a machine gun PA is also class 3.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Also keep in mind, you might want to spend some of that 200K profit on a machine gun PA is also class 3.

Oh BABY! I forgot Pa. was class III legal
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to retire in  5.5 years. I'd prefer to move to CO but the wife wants to stay close to her family, so it looks like PA for me as well. .

I already have the Class III savings account set up. I'd like to get an M-16 with a dedicated .22 upper. Its for the children.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a great plan.

Just make sure that you include a guest room for me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Go for it, get out of that Police State called New jersey.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I second that!  Then again, if the federal AW ban expires next year, I can only imagine that NY will create its own ban, so maybe a lot of us will be heading to PA.  

Lets start the Arfcom Compound!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Pa is pretty much the best state in the north east. `Course, I may be slightly opinionated....
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I second that!  Then again, if the federal AW ban expires next year, I can only imagine that NY will create its own ban, so maybe a lot of us will be heading to PA.  

Sorry to say, NY does have an AWB in place.  So when the federal AWB expires, NYS has no provision for a sunset.  Even NY's Republican vote Demorats these days in NY.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I think your thinking is right. I am also wondering like you about relocating/moving to PA mostly because it is gun friendly and I am just tired of all the BS here in NJ (not just gun related but in general). Does anybody know what is it needed to obtain the 'refugee' status in PA  and obtain  "PA citizenship" while maintaining a small apartment in NJ (I will keep my job for a while until I find any in PA).

Black_Rifle
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Black Rifle,

All you have to do for Pa citzenship is register to vote in Pa and get a Pa driver`s license. That should do it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too damn late, the ban is already perminant in NY...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I applied for early retirement, and want to move to Pa.  Mom has some land I can build on.  BUUUTTT the premodonna Staten Island gurl(WIFE) wants to move to Tomsriver. Oh well I will miss her. Go for it JRZY, Because when the stock market rebounds, Your home will loose value. Maybe.
Any of you PA guys know of any good Italian deli's off of route 209 near Bushkill?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys I have been saving every penny we can to buy a nice piece 40 - 50 acres. Then sell my house in jackson...bail to PA and live the rest of my life a little slower. Jersey is way out of hand in all aspects. Monmouth and ocean counties are now overrun. No were to even hunt anymore.Looks to me we are now a suburb of N.Y. ........
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the same plans, Iwould like to live near Pittsburgh (close to Plum and Forrest hills to be exact) to be closer to church but still live in the country where I can shoot in my backyard. I would probably have to work in the city or close by (anyone know anything about rural preservation corporations?). Anyone know anything about that neck of the woods?

I was born in Oil City and lived in Henry's bend for most of my childhood, still have that stump jumper blood!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
 Just out of curiosity, why does everyone bail out to PA? Not that  it's not nice or nothing, I love it out there, but isn't CT also a CCW shall-issue state? And CT is much much closer to NYC. I guess what I'm asking is, is there something I should know about CT, that makes PA more attractive (aside from property prices), or is it really just preference?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#16]
NYPD_APO,
CT is on the road to banning most guns.  They started a registration scheme a year or so ago. In PA you can own Full auto, Short barrel rifles, silencers Etc. They have no registration schemes either. But they do have a lefty governor that is anti gun.  He got elected because of the unions.  

Change in My wife's plans(SEE MY OTHHER POST ABOVE). Her friend is moving to PA, and she gave me to go ahead to make plans for the move.  BRAVO!!!.  I should be in PA by the end of 2004.  I will go towards the Stroudsburg area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top