BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 8:04:41 PM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbEbOJMdK30
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not surprised by this.

This combined with US (Texas) Law Shield's class action lawsuit, has made me doubt dumping any money into these "insurances." The Trace - Aug 2015 - TLS Class Action Lawsuit

Various Youtubers shill for USCAA from time to time. Then I do some more research and find how the outfit won't really do much to help out.

At this point, I feel like I'd be shafted if I had to defend myself, especially if the attacker were related to some protected class, such as Antifa. I look at SGT Perry here in Austin who's been dragged thru the mud for self defense.

Just not sure what to do at this point. Paralysis of choice when it comes with carry "insurance." Really I just need to ensure I can get bailed out and not spend anytime in a local jail. Being Army Guard, I'd much rather be locked up in a brig and/or shipped off to Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]
TLS has a number of issues from their carry 'insurance' line but their NFA stuff is still solid.

That said, it's why I recommend plans like Self Defense Fund or Second Call Defense instead. They openly say they're not insurance. They're basically crowdfunding lawyers. They make their policies and covered events very clear.

A few years back I had a situation. I didn't have to use my firearm, but it came close. As they predicted, nothing would come out of it, but I asked Larry Keilberg (the owner/head honcho of SDF) directly if something did, would I be covered. He said yes. So that gives me confidence that they'll stand by their members.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've thought about this and researched the subject thoroughly.  The question never asked or data that is not given is... "how many times have you actually had to defend a client in a legal shooting matter"?  The odds of a legal shooting are very low.  The odds of the Attorney General trying to prosecute you for a legal shooting would have to be very rare.  That's just my opinion.  

Everyone's risk is different, to me if it's a legal shoot you shouldn't need their services so why pay their fees?   I have 3 local firearm defense attorneys on my phone.  I check the numbers once a year when I change out my light/optics batteries.  If for some reason I need an attorney I'll pay the fees then.  

IMO it really comes down to your risk tolerance and peace of mind.   What are YOU comfortable with?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top